My mom has been making this recipe practically weekly ever since. No exaggeration!
She recalls that Aimée said it was a recipe from the Sesame Street show. Aimée doesn’t remember that part. 😉Simply by using a baking dish instead of a cookie sheet, I’ve turned this incredible peanut butter cookie recipe into a crazy, yummy fudge recipe. And oh my — watch out — is it good!
Peanut butter is packed with protein, you know. It’s good to keep that healthy thought in mind if you become addicted to these!
I love that these don’t contain any flour . . . because they have become my gluten-free, 7-year-old son’s favorite dessert!
I hope I’ve inspired a weekend cooking project for you!
And this is all you need . . .
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups crunchy, salted peanut butter
- 3-1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a square 8 x 8-inch baking pan, use a large fork to combine the egg whites with the sugar. Then blend in the peanut butter and 1 cup of the chocolate chips. Use a small, flat-bottomed spatula to smooth out the top. Then evenly pour the remaining 2-1/4 cups of chocolate chips on the top.
- Place the pan in the preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and immediately smooth the melted chocolate chips with the same small spatula. Let this set up at room temperature for at least 2 hours -- ideally overnight -- before cutting. To speed it up, you can put it in the refrigerator for an hour. It's still delicious if you cut it before, just soft and a bit messy!
For another gluten free peanut butter dessert, my Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Chocolate Krispie Treat Recipe is not to be missed!