This creamy vinaigrette is loaded with delicious sweet and tangy flavors, and will elevate any salad it’s added to. You know how your taste buds crave a sweet after some savory?
And something savory after a sweet? Well, after indulging in my Thanksgiving feast, my taste buds crave . . . salad! Lots of salad!
(As it turns out, I don’t then immediately crave Thanksgiving foods. Phew!)
So without further ado, my taste buds and I would like to present this super yummy, creamy salad dressing recipe. It’s absolutely divine and might just need to become a staple in your fridge.
I especially love it with this Winter Persimmon Salad!
Enjoy every last drop!
Up to 2 weeks and at least 20 minutes ahead of time: Make the vinaigrette.
If you make the vinaigrette ahead of time, keep it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It may be necessary to warm it up a bit.
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a small saucepan, heat the vinegar with the cranberries and honey. Let it sit until the cranberries become soft, about 5 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and whisk in the ginger, orange juice, salt and olive oil. Then, use an immersion or standing blender until a creamy consistency is reached. Season to taste with the pepper and a bit more salt if desired. Let the vinaigrette come to room temperature before serving or use it slightly chilled.