Sweet. Spicy. Earthy. Crunchy. You can’t eat just one. Divine in a salad, or on their own.
Forgive my enthusiastic, semi-poetic word association above. I am just excited to talk about my Sweet, Spiced Caramelized Pecans!
Sure, you can find some version of these nuts at various markets these days, but I promise you: mine are extremely easy to make and as gratifying as can be! As you will discover, they taste much better than the store-bought versions — and contain no chemicals or preservatives.
And the whole point of this site is to inspire those of us who love distinctive, delicious food and who love spending the time making it!
Make them today! (And then hide them.) Plan your “food gathering” for this weekend and then enjoy with friends and family!
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- ½ to 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon golden brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup whole pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with foil.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the spices with the sugar and salt. In another small mixing bowl, add the olive oil and honey to the pecans and stir to coat the nuts. Add the spice mixture and stir to evenly coat the nuts with the spice blend.
- Spread this into a single layer on the parchment-covered baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven until the nuts are very aromatic, deeper brown, and sizzling, about 12 minutes.
- Let the nuts cool and become firm on the baking sheet. Then you can remove them and break them apart.