This Sweet Spiced Caramelized Pecans Recipe will bring the perfect amount of crunch and spice to almost anything you add them to. Sweet. Spicy. Earthy. Crunchy. You can’t eat just one. Caramelized pecans are divine in a salad, or on their own.
Forgive my enthusiastic, semi-poetic word association above. I am just excited to talk about — and eat — my Sweet, Spiced Caramelized Pecans!
Here’s something you can try . . .
Prepare this caramelized pecans recipe before making your favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe, and then add in about 1 cup of them, crushed. And please report back and let me know what you think.
Sure, you can find some version of these nuts at various markets these days, but I promise you: mine are extremely easy to make and as gratifying as can be!
As you will discover, they taste much better than the store-bought versions — and contain no chemicals or preservatives.And the whole point of this site is to inspire those of us who love distinctive, delicious foods and who love spending the time making it! As I often tell you, I often love the process as much as the final result.
These nuts are amazing in my Chicken-Grape Salad with Sautéed Potatoes and Lemon-Mustard Dressing. And this salad can easily be a full meal. The caramelized pecans elevate it so much that you could even serve this at a fancy dinner gathering. Or fancy-ish. 😉 And if you prepare these nuts in advance for use in a salad or another dish, I suggest hiding them from your friends, from your family, and . . . from yourself.
They are very tempting as a snack.
Make them today! (And then hide them, so you’ll have some left to share.)
Plan your dinner party for this weekend and then enjoy with friends and family!
Sweet Spiced Caramelized Pecans
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon golden brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup whole pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with foil.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the spices with the sugar and salt. In another small mixing bowl, add the olive oil and honey to the pecans and stir to coat the nuts. Add the spice mixture and stir to evenly coat the nuts with the spice blend.
- Spread this into a single layer on the parchment-covered baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven until the nuts are very aromatic, deeper brown, and sizzling, about 12 minutes.
- Let the nuts cool and become firm on the baking sheet. Then you can remove them and break them apart.
Recipe NotesIf you like to fill bowls with candies at a holiday party, save a special bowl to fill with these Sweet Spiced Caramelized Pecans!