People ask me for catering recommendations all the time.
I always say the same thing — Garrick & Miller Fine Catering (email@example.com)! Always!
Their food is unbelievably delicious and simply beautiful. And they happen to be two of the loveliest people I know!
While Grrick & Miller cater all types of parties, their specialty is a tea service. From the first I witnessed one of these beautifully thrown tea parties, I fell in love with the idea of everything on a menu being bite-sized. Hors d’oeuvre-sized, if you will!
I love all types of holiday parties, but I especially love an hors d’oeuvre party!
Food is often the main attraction at a party (at least, it should be)! Sometimes I just want one bite of everything, not an entire serving of each dish. Doesn’t that happen to you? Well, at an hors d’oeuvres party, you can have the entire serving of each dish — because each “dish,” comes in one or two bites!
The key to throwing a lovely hors d’oeuvres party, is for each menu item to be the size of one or two bites. No more! Guests can hold a drink in one hand, an hors d’oeuvre in the other, and be mingling all the while! Hey, you can even dance while eating! No forks. No knives. No fumbling around. Even plates aren’t totally necessary! Really, you only need cocktail napkins for this sort of menu.
What is your favorite type of holiday party? Is it a cookie exchange party? Maybe a seated, multiple course dinner party? Karoke?
Above is a photo collage with some of my favorite bite (or two)-sized sweets and savories. Below are their recipes. Make them! Bring them to a party! Have a party! Eat them! Enjoy some happy holidays with them!
The collage features images of these delicious hors d’oeuvres and bite-sized desserts.
And here are the recipes:
- Tomato-Rosemary Confit Croustades
- Plantain-Picadillo Empenadas
- Salted Caramels in Chocolate
- Seared Sea Scallops with Minted Peas on Wonton Crisps
- Double Chocolate Almond Spice Cookies
- Cucumber Dill Canapés
- Vanilla Fig Preserves with Crackers and Cheese
- Brûléed Port Wine Poached Pear-Caramelized Onion Cabrales Pear Crisp
- Spiced Caramelized Pecans
- Roquefort-Roasted Garlic Bacon and Grilled Pear Crisp
- Fresh Fruit Tartlets
- Prosciutto and Sugar Kiss Melon with Basil
- Spicy Mayan Chocolate Truffles
- Rosemary-Honey Turkey Meatballs
To find out about Garrick & Miller Fine Catering, email Sandy at firstname.lastname@example.org.