I’ve made a new discovery in the world of sweets. Biscoff Spread! I’ve been seeing it in more and more recipes lately so I had to see what all the buzz was about.
Well . . . all the buzz is about something so rich, so creamy, so decadent, that it might even surpass Nutella in the delicious department (might). I know. . . . GASP!
You know when you make a graham cracker crust, and you’ve just added the melted butter, and you lick the spoon? (I can only hope you know what I’m talking about!) Well, imagine that taste, only in a super smooth, creamy spread, with notes of caramel! Amazing!
And it’s Friday Flowers around here. However, I don’t know how I feel about the word “Yucca” being in the same line as one of the most delicious things you’ll ever eat.
Yucca flowers are a gorgeous variety of lily. They grow on big stalks, often standing alone in a big open space, tall and proud. From a distance they look like scratchy wheat, but up close they are lovely, soft and delicate cream colored flowers — there are many of them all bundled together to form what looks like one. I love them!
For some wonderful inspiration and more information about the super delicious Biscoff Spread, check out what my new foodie friend Gerry has to say on Foodness Gracious!
Now go make some of these amazing Chocolate Biscoff Truffles and keep your eyes peeled for Yucca flowers!
Up to 4 days and at least 2 hours ahead: Make the Ganache-Biscoff mixture and refrigerate.
Up to 8 hours ahead: Melt the chocolate and dip the truffles.
And now for the Biscoff Giveaway
(This giveaway is now closed — thank you all for your participation,
and congratulations, Talia!)
- You have a chance to win 2 jars of Biscoff Spread (1 creamy & 1 crunchy) and 1 package of Biscoff Cookies!
- There will be 1 winner.
- The winner of the contest will be selected at Random.org.
- The winner will be notified via email, and will have 2 days to respond to me. If I don’t hear from you, a new winner will be selected.
- The Biscoff Giveaway is open until through the end of the day, Sunday, May 20, 2012.
- You must have a mailing address in the U.S. to win .
Please leave me a comment below about this recipe or anything foodie. And if you’d like you can leave a separate comment for each of the steps you do that are listed below. You can just leave one comment or many comments. It’s up to you!
- Follow me on Twitter
- Tweet this giveaway, being sure to include my Twitter handle (@cookingweekends)
- Follow my boards on Pinterest
- Pin this post onto one of your Pinterest boards
- Sign up for email updates from Cooking On The Weekends
- “Like” the Cooking On The Weekends Facebook page
- Share this giveaway on your Facebook page