How about having a casual dinner party this weekend!?
Just do it! Which friends will you invite to join you?
Let’s start planning.
I’m thinking Minted Strawberry Carpaccio as an appetizer, this super delicious Chipotle Chicken for the entrée, and for dessert, why not bake some quick and easy cookies that will knock your guests’ socks off?
Casual, easy, and fun! You can make a lot of this ahead of time. Check out my timeline below the recipe. (I’m also including the appetizer and dessert so you can plan away!)
Call some friends! Call some family! Get cooking! Have fun!
- Make the chipotle butter, cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate until about 30 minutes before grilling the chicken on Saturday.
- Make the Roasted Pepper Corn Relish, cover it tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate until about an hour before serving on Saturday.
- Make the cookies! Once they’re cooled to room temperature, place them in an airtight container until it’s time to serve them on Saturday.
- In the morning, trim and pound the chicken. Wrap it tightly with plastic wrap until you’re ready to grill.
- Make the strawberry appetizer. You can marinate it all day, or just for an hour — it’s up to you. If you you’re having more than 6 guests or so, and it’s easier for you, you can serve them this in a nice bowl, family style. Otherwise, for 4 to 6 guests, I’d make each plate beautiful — either 30 minutes before your guests are arriving, or as early in the day as you’d like, if there’s room to keep the prepared plates in the refrigerator.
- At some point during your the day, set the table and arrange the cookies on a serving platter or pretty plate.
- About 20 minutes before you’d like to serve the entrée, slice the avocado and grill the chicken, add the chipotle butter to it, and either arrange each plate, or arrange a beautiful serving platter — with the chicken, avocado and relish. (If this part feels rushed to you, slice the avocado during the day and drizzle it with lemon to help it keep its color. You can also grill the chicken a bit earlier, not cooking it quite all the way, covering it with foil, and then heating it in a 375 degree F oven for about 5 minutes before serving.)
Family style is great, saves time, and the food is every bit as delicious! So please don’t feel you have to plate the servings unless you feel like it!