Don’t go thinking anything too crazy. Here’s the story. . .
My two boys invited me and our new puppy to have a “sleepover” in their room. This was an official invitation — and a very cute one at that!It was so sweet, that with out pausing to think about the two tiny, twin beds, and the fact that our puppy is still a crazy, energetic puppy — I melted and told the cutest six and eight-year old boys ever, that we’d happily accept their invitation.
After all, before I know it, they’ll be asking me to drop them at the corner so they can walk into the party alone — so yes . . . yes, please!
Let’s just say, that while I’d do it again in a heart beat, it wasn’t exactly a peaceful nights sleep.
So like I said, today I’m craving coffee and chocolate!
I’m going to eat one of these rich, melt-in-your-mouth, crazy delicious Crispy Mocha Cookies immediately! For a late breakfast!
And yes, I think it’ll go nicely with my perfect cup of coffee! Bring it on!What are you cooking this weekend?
If you’re planning on any crazy sleepovers, you might just want to whip this up for the next morning! Just sayin’!
Crispy Mocha Cookie Recipe
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup golden brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup brewed black coffee, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons half and half
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons espresso powder I like Medaglia D’Oro
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups Cocoa Crispy Brown Rice Cereal
- 2-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips see notes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the butter with the sugars, vanilla, coffee, half and half, salt, cocoa powder, and espresso powder. Once everything is evenly blended, add the eggs and mix until the batter is smooth, about 1 minute.
- Add the flour and baking soda to the wet ingredients and mix only until combined.
- Fold in the cereal and chocolate.
- Use an (approximately) 1-3/4 to 2-inch cookie scoop or tablespoons to shape the cookies dollops, about 2 inches apart on the parchment-covered baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven just until the cookies solidify, about 10 minutes. They should still look doughy when you remove them from the oven -- they will firm up a bit as they cool. Leave them on the baking sheet for a couple minutes, then transfer them to a cooling rack.
Recipe NotesI like to somewhat "chop" the chocolate chips in the food processor with the blade attachment -- just for 20 seconds or so. It makes them smaller and rounder -- I love this texture when added to the cookies!