Well, I guess it’s time to be feeling a little patriotic.
Here’s the deal, I wanted to make something fun for this fun summer holiday! And I wanted it to be a delightful, delicious treat to serve at your party, as well as something that’s super easy for you to bring to any party you’re invited to!
It also just so happens that these Strawberry-Blueberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies are quite pretty!
And they’re full of wonderful fruity flavors that are all brought together with the zest of a lemon.Last year I made these Pomegranate-Berry Popsicles and Cocktails — also super fun, but not quite as easy to transport. 😉
Enjoy and Happy 4th of July!
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup golden brown sugar
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons finely grated lemon zest
- 1 large egg
- 1-1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup dried strawberries, roughly chopped
- ½ cup dried blueberries
- ½ cup white chocolate chips or chunks
- 1-1/2 cups strawberries, washed and dried very well, and cut into a small dice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the butter with both sugars, salt, vanilla and lemon zest. Stir until the mixture is smooth.
- Add in the egg and mix until it's completely blended in.
- Add in the flour and baking soda and mix just until it's incorporated.
- Fold in the dried strawberries, dried blueberries and white chocolate.
- Use two tablespoons or a 1-1/4-inch cookie scoop to shape the dough, dropping it onto the lined baking sheets as you go, with a couple of inches between each one.
- Use your fingers to gently flatten the top of each ball of dough slightly. Now carefully press a few of the fresh strawberry pieces into each one.
- Bake until the edges are beginning to turn a golden brown, about 12 minutes. Let them cool for at least 10 minutes on the baking sheet, and then transfer them to a cooling rack, or a plate.
It's pretty to add a few bits of the blueberries and white chocolate on top, along with the fresh strawberries.