Sometimes I spend days creating recipes in my mind.
Sometimes I spend hours, sometimes minutes, and sometimes just seconds.
This one came to me almost instantly for a few reasons:
- I was famished.
- I had a craving for red grapes and brie the other day, so I had them on hand.
- My dad had just given me a big bag of freshly picked basil.
- I had half of a baguette leftover from an insanely delicious Spanish breakfast.
- Somehow I had not yet eaten all of the strawberries I’d bought two days ago!
- And finally, I realized with my boys back in school, I had the time to make myself a proper lunch. (One I might actually sit down to eat!)
This is an incredibly tasty, summer-fresh, grilled cheese sandwich! I’m adding this to my weekend recipes, for sure! You might want to as well — friends and family will love it!
P. S. Is “lemony” even a word?