After I eat something sweet, I crave something salty.
After I eat something salty, I crave something sweet.
And my favorite? Sweet and salty all in one bite!
This is exactly why I think adding cranberry sauce to your holiday spread is such a brilliant idea.
(It’s also exactly why I love salty desserts.)
Savory gravy, stuffing and turkey is simply more delicious when a bit of sweet cranberry sauce has found its way to my fork at the same time. Not to mention how beautifully the vibrant red color will add to your table.
Are you with me? Do you crave sweet after salty? Vice versa? Both at once?
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon cloves
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup apple juice
- In a small saucepan, mix the cranberries with the cinnamon, cloves, cardamom and sugar.
- Pour the apple juice over the cranberries and bring to a boil.
- Turn the heat to low and simmer until the cranberries have broken and become soft, and the liquid has thickened. This should take about 15 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold -- it's great both ways!