Prep Time: 5 minutes
Yield: makes 1/3 cup
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
Be sure the butter is at room temperature and is very soft. Add the softened butter to a small bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Use a small spoon to mix until it's completely smooth. With the exception of the Spiced Chai recipe, season to taste with salt and pepper.
So creamy, so rich, and so delicious! (Learn more about this beautiful Irish butter and other Kerrygold products here.) I really want you to taste this butter, so I’m going to give you some! Well, the winner of my Kerrygold Butter Giveaway, that is. (Please see the giveaway details below.)
So let’s create with this butter, shall we?
While spreading plain butter on bread is delicious, compound butters are interesting, impressive and can be even more delicious. (A compound butter is simply a butter that has had other flavors added to it.)
Just look around your pantry to see what you might like to blend into your butter and spread on your bread for your next get together.
And now for the Kerrygold Butter Giveaway!
(March 26, 2013-Update: This giveaway is now closed — thank you all for your participation, and congratulations, Deborah!)
• You have a chance to win 2 -pounds of Kerrygold Butter (1 unsalted, and 1 salted).
• There will be 1 winner.
• The winner of the contest will be selected at Random.org.
• The winner will be notified via email, & have 2 days to respond. If I don’t hear from you, a new winner will be chosen.
• The giveaway is open until through the end of the day, Monday, March 25, 2013.
• You must have a mailing address in the U.S. to win.
Please leave me a comment below about these butter recipes or anything foodie. And if you’d like, you can leave a separate comment for each of the steps you do that are listed below. You can just leave one comment or many comments. It’s up to you!
1. Follow me on Twitter
2. Tweet this giveaway, being sure to include my Twitter handle (@cookingweekends)
3. Follow my boards on Pinterest
4. Pin this post onto one of your Pinterest boards
5. Sign up for email updates from Cooking On The Weekends
6. “Like” the Cooking On The Weekends Facebook page
7. Share this giveaway on your Facebook page