Stone fruit and berries.
They’re quintessential summer treasures.
Just look at them — soft, sparking and vibrant.This is a lovely summer fruit dessert for a warm evening on the deck with friends. Or for a Sunday brunch with family.
What I’m saying is, it’s lovely any time, any day, with anyone! Anyone you like spending time with, anyway. 😉
- ½ cup fresh blackberries
- ⅔ cup ruby port
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 6 fresh apricots, washed and dried
- 3 tablespoons crème fraîche
- 2 teaspoons honey
- ½ teaspoon cardamom
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped pistachios
- Add the blackberries, port, vanilla and sugar to a small saucepan. Place it over high heat and bring to a boil. Immediately reduce heat to low and simmer until it thickens and is reduced by a little less than half, about 15 minutes.
- Cut the apricots in half, remove the pits, and then cut each half into about 4 wedges. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the crème fraîche with the honey and cardamom.
- Arrange the apricot slices on a serving platter or individual plates. Spoon the crème fraîche mixture on top, followed by the blackberry port sauce.
- Sprinkle the pistachios over the sauce and serve.