I love corn.
And it’s no wonder because it’s so very sweet.
As you probably know by now, I have a serious sweet tooth.
As far as I’m concerned if you love cookies, semisweet chocolate, and strawberries at the peak of their season, it only makes sense that you’d love corn. And you know what makes something sweet even a little “sweeter?” Yup, you got it — spice! Every bite of sweet and spicy is an explosion of deliciousness.
This quick and easy, delectable roasted corn is the perfect accompaniment to anything you’ve got goin’ on the grill. Add an incredibly refreshing salad and you’re all set for a party. Invite some friends. And family. Now. 🙂
- 6 cups fresh corn kernels cut from about 4 large ears of corn
- 6 tablespoons finely minced fresh jalapeño pepper, seeds removed
- 2-1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Use your hands to blend, being sure everything is distributed evenly.
- Pour this corn mixture onto a baking sheet and spread it out in an even layer.
- Roast in the preheated 425 degree F oven until it's beginning to brown and is sizzling, about 15 minutes.