My cousin is like a sister to me.
She had, had a really rough week. Her dad (my mom’s brother and my uncle), hadn’t been well. Time didn’t allow for me to do much more than check-in on the phone, and I felt badly that I wasn’t able to able to help.
When the weekend arrived, my uncle was on the mend (phew! thank goodness!), my cousin was exhausted, and I finally had a moment. I wanted to bring her family some comfort — in the form of a meal, of course.
I looked in the fridge and spotted leftover Sweet Red Kapia Pepper Soup, a big container of the Roasted Garlic-Basil Brown Rice (pictured below), and a whole chicken, that I didn’t yet have plans for.A couple hours later I was in my car, on my way to my cousin’s, surrounded by the incredible scent of delicious baked chicken and sweet peppers.
Sweet Pepper Roasted Chicken Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups Sweet Red Kapia Pepper Soup get the recipe HERE
- 1 whole approximately 3-pound cut up chicken, bone-in, skin removed
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Add the soup to a 9 X 13 X 2-inch baking pan.
- Place the chicken in the pan, and dredge each piece in the soup, coating both sides very well.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let the chicken marinate for about 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Remove the chicken from the refrigerator about 15minutes prior to cooking, and preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Season both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper and then place the pan (with all of the marinade), into the preheated 375 degree F oven.
- Roast just until the chicken is cooked through, about 35 minutes.
Recipe NotesThis is delicious served over Roasted Garlic-Basil Brown Rice!