Last week I shared 20 Cool Gifts for Foodies Under $20, and I must say, it’s a fantastic collection of affordable, useful and super awesome items! Today I’m sharing my top picks for “the cook who has everything.” You know, for that friend who’s incredibly passionate about cooking, who you think has every cooking gadget, cookbook, and cooking appliance imaginable?
Well I’m guessing I’m a lot like that friend, and this collection of gifts would be welcomed with a huge hug at my house.
Of we go . . .
1. The Flavor Bible: The Essential Guide to Culinary Creativity, Based on the Wisdom of America’s Most Imaginative Chefs – This is not a book or recipes, rather it’s a book that carefully examines ingredients through taste, mouth feel, aroma, and the “x factor,” which is described as “what is perceived by the other senses, plus the heart, mind and spirit. $26.25
2. Sous Vide Supreme Demi — While I love nothing more than to spend hours cooking, I think this is very cool, and it will turn out perfectly cooked food every single time you use it. When you “cook” with this, you’ll spend less time in the kitchen. (The best poached eggs I’ve ever had were cooked in this!) $329
3. PolyScience The Smoking Gun Portable Food Smoker — Remember when I went on the Idaho Potato Harvest Tour? (Of course you do, I only wrote every single detail of the trip in 4 posts.) Well on Day 2, I told you all about the incredible food that the chefs traveling with us prepared. One of the delicious dishes, Pickled Smoked Fingerling Potatoes, was made with this smoker. It only took a couple of minutes to impart the most wonderful smoky flavors into the potatoes. It’s so cool! $99.95
4. Penzey’s Indian Curry Gift Box — I don’t know any avid cooks who don’t love to experiment with flavors from all over the globe. $75.95 (Penzey’s offers several varieties of these spice gift boxes, varying in size and price.)
5. Breville Panini Duo — I won one of these last month and have used it every day since. Need I say more? $69.99
6. La Tienda Gift Card — I LOVE shopping here! From food, to tableware, to wine, La Tienda truly offers the best of Spain! Gift cards are available from $25 to $500.
7. Bodum Bistro Universal Knife Block — First of all, it just looks so cool! It also takes up very little counter space and can hold 8 to 10 knives in varying sizes. Check out the other fun colors it comes in, too! $85.95
8. Melissa’s Produce Exotic Fruit Club — Luscious, seasonal, exotic fruits delivered to the doorstep of your chef friend! Memberships are available anywhere from 3 to 12 months and range from $129.95 to $399.95
9. 22″ Paella Pan — Why 22″ inches? It’s the largest size that fits on most stove tops. When you make paella, you should invite a ton of friends and family over, and make as much as you can — because it’s so much fun, and so wonderfully delicious! $49