This morning I took advantage of having a gorgeous avocado, a few vibrant Ojai Pixies from Melissa’s Produce, and beautiful roasted beets in my kitchen. I thought their colors would be stunning together on a bright white plate.
And I knew their flavors and textures would be perfect together.
Don’t you think?
This is not a sponsored post — Melissa’s Produce sends me produce from time to time for recipe testing. As always, all opinions are my own.
Avocado, Beet and Pixie Tangerine Salad Recipe
- 2 cups thinly sliced roasted and peeled baby beets (Here's How to Roast Beets)
- 1 large avocado peeled and thinly sliced (Here's How to Peel and Cut an Avocado)
- 4 Ojai Pixie tangerines peeled and thinly sliced (Here's How to Cut Citrus Slices)
- About 1 tablespoon crumbled Roquefort cheese
- 1 Ojai Pixie sliced in half
- Arrange the three beet, avocado and tangerines beautifully between four appetizer plates.
- Sprinkle each one with about ¼ of the cheese.
- Squeeze the juice from the 2 Pixie halves over the arranged plates.
- Serve chilled.