These pretty baby spring carrots are seasoned with the perfect amount of warming spices, and just enough honey to enhance the sweetness. They’re the perfect side dish!How pretty would these Cardamom-Honey Roasted Baby Carrots be in the center of your Passover or Easter table?
It’s been a few months since Friday Flowers appeared — mostly because there weren’t any flowers calling out to me. A couple of days ago however, I stopped in my tracks when I spotted this beautiful flowering shrub, and I knew the color would be stunning with the bright orange carrots.Wondering what Friday Flowers is all about? Check this out.
Enjoy and happy holidays!
- ½-pound baby carrots, greens removed (except for the bottom bit if desired)
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F, and adjust a rack to the center.
- Peel the carrots and place them on a baking sheet.
- In a very small bowl mix the honey with the oil, cardamom and salt.
- Use a pastry brush (or your fingers), to thinly coat the carrots with a bit of the honey mixture. (Keep the rest on hand for basting.)
- Place the baking sheet in the preheated 400 degree F oven and roast the carrots -- basting them every 8 minutes or so, until they are very tender, about 25 minutes. Remove them from the oven and baste a final time so they'll be shiny for a pretty presentation.