Some consider Hatch Chile season as important as any other season — and they fit it in so snugly between summer and fall.This very special season only lasts about six weeks, during August and September. So don’t waste a moment before you get them. (Of course, you might just win some in my giveaway below.) And this year there are more Hatch Chile Roasting dates than ever, where you can get a huge box of the chiles and have them roasted for you on the spot.
Click on the map for all of the dates and locations.
Melissa’s Produce has even created a Hatch Chile Cookbook dedicated to this one beautiful chile, celebrating its glorious season with over 150 recipes. And guess what? I’m giving away a copy of this awesome hardcover cookbook with a big bag of fresh Hatch Chiles and delicious dried Hatch Chile powder! To two people! (Quick and easy entry instructions are below the recipe.)
This is not a sponsored post. Melissa’s Produce sent me Hatch Chiles for recipe testing and is providing the book, chiles and chile powder for the two winners of the giveaway. As always, all opinions are my own.
- 1 cup roasted hatch chiles, seeds and stems removed and cut into a small dice
- 1 cup finely diced red onion
- 2 cups finely diced fresh white peaches, washed and dried
- ¼ cup finely chopped cilantro, washed and dried
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- sea salt and sugar to taste (Here's How to Season to Taste.)
- Combine the chiles, onion, peaches, cilantro and lime juice in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Stir gently to evenly distribute all of the ingredients.
- Season to taste with salt and (if necessary), sugar. (Here's How to Season to Taste).
This giveaway is now closed. Congratulations to Manda and Melissa!
a Rafflecopter giveaway