This Tomato-Feta Salsa makes for an excellent snack with chips, and it’s divine over a meat of chicken entrée. At the super delicious and delightful Summertime Garden Party I went to, my friend Judy made a Mint and Feta Salsa. It was outstanding, and I’d never before thought of adding cheese to a salsa. It was brilliant!
Totally inspired by Judy’s creation, I made this salsa with summer tomatoes as the star. The Feta and other colorful ingredients make it something very special — the deep, seasonal flavors are fresh and bright and the textures are both crunchy and soft. I served it with grilled lamb, and it would be equally as divine with steak, or chicken.
Whatever you decide to eat it with, enjoy!
Tomato & Feta Salsa Recipe for Meat or Chicken
- 1 cup finely diced tomatoes seeds removed
- ¼ cup capers
- 3 tablespoons finely diced brown/yellow onion
- 3 tablespoons finely crumbled Feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste Here's How to Season to Taste
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix everything together. (Here's How to Season to Taste.)
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.