These Pistachio Chocolate Chip Cookies are super interesting, incredibly delicious, inherently gluten-free, and the perfect bite for the holiday season. These are not your average Pistachio Chocolate Chip Cookies — they do not simply have a handful of pistachio nuts thrown in the dough. Oh no they don’t. Pistachio nuts are the dough!
That’s a promise!
I want to know, so if you have a moment, please tell me in the comments.
- 2 cups pistachio butter (Here's How to Make Homemade Pistachio Butter)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup golden brown sugar
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the pistachio butter, eggs, vanilla and sugar to a large mixing bowl. Use an electric mixer to blend the ingredients together until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Fold in the semisweet and white chocolate chips, and then use a 1¼-inch ice-cream scoop or your hands, to form (approximately) 1¼-inch balls of dough. Place them on the parchment-covered baking sheet as you go. They'll spread just the tiniest bit, so it's okay if they're close together.
- Bake in the preheated 325 degree F oven just until they're set, about 9 minutes. If they still look a bit doughy, that's okay -- they'll firm up a bit more outside of the oven, and slightly under is better than slightly over!
- Let the cookies cool for at least 10 minutes on the baking sheet.