Spreadable, perfectly ripe avocado with soft boiled eggs & garden tomatoes, makes this avocado toast above the rest! Delicious!There’s nothing as delicious as peak-of-their season avocados and tomatoes. Nothing!
Okay, perhaps chocolate — but that’s a whole other post. 😉
My 12-year-old son has taken an interest in gardening, thanks to his horticulture teacher. Well, really agriculture — plants and animals! He’s so fortunate to be at a public school with a farm! Complete with chickens, goats and crops of all sorts!I’m loving this new passion of his. It was so fantastic to grab a few tomatoes for this recipe from his garden.This is the most scrumptious breakfast, lunch or dinner! From the perfectly seasoned avocados and tomatoes to the soft eggs and crisp toast — you won’t know what hit you!
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large slices of rustic toast (like Ciabatta), toasted
- 1 large ripe avocado, roughly chopped or mashed
- 1 medium-sized tomato, roughly chopped
- extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Togarashi or crushed red pepper flakes
- Fill a medium-sized bowl with ice water and set aside.
- Place the eggs in a small sauce pot and add enough cold water to go an inch or so above them. Place over high heat and bring to a boil. Immediately turn off the heat, cover the pot, and let the eggs cook for 7 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to removed the eggs and place them in the ice water, and let them sit for a few minutes. Remove them from the water, and then peel the eggs and and roughly chop them, set aside.
- Drizzle extra virgin olive oil over the toast slices and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Divide the avocado among the two slices, followed by the tomato and egg.
- Drizzle the top with a bit more extra virgin olive oil and then sprinkle with salt, pepper and either Togarashi or crushed red pepper.