Creamy, tangy, spicy and sweet — this Roasted Jalapeño Vinaigrette recipe is all that and then some! I want this on my salad.
I want fish or chicken marinating in it.
I want it mixed into rice, quinoa or couscous.
I want to spoon it over broiled salmon.
I want to stir it into softened butter and melt it over grilled steak.
(Truth be told, I somehow thought the above might sound like Dr. Seuss poem, but it just never did.)
This Creamy Roasted Jalapeno Vinaigrette Recipe is simply delicious and can be used in tons of different ways.
I made a double batch a week or so ago, and have loved having it at the ready. It will last in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator for up to a month!
Tonight I’m tossing it with my Chopped Chicken-Apple Salad.
Creamy Roasted Jalapeno-Lime Vinaigrette Recipe
- 2 jalapeño peppers 3 to 4-inches each, roasted, peeled & seeded (Here’s How to Roast & Peel a Pepper)
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice from about 3 large limes
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- a few turns freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil divided
- Roughly chop the roasted, peeled and seeded jalapeño peppers, and add them to a (12 to 16-ounce) wide, tall jar or ideally a 16-ounce pyrex measuring cup. (Here's How to Roast and Peel a Pepper.)
- Add the lime juice, honey, cumin, oregano, salt, cinnamon, pepper and 1/4 cup of the oil to the jalapeños and then use an immersion (hand) blender to blend it until it's as smooth as possible. (You can also do this in a standing blender, but you might need to add more of the oil at this stage to give it enough liquid to blend.)
- Now whisk in the remaining 1/2 cup of oil. And it's ready!