Learning how to make Beet Pickled Eggs is fun and easy! And once you have them on hand, they’re a great snack and are a fantastic way to enhance and brighten salads and other dishes.
An Easter recipe, a cool art project, a beautiful work of art, and an incredibly delicious snack — that’s exactly what Beet Pickled Eggs are.
One day I was hard boiling eggs and a little light went off in my head — I should use my leftover beet pickling juice to Beet Pickled Eggs.
How to Make Beet Pickled Eggs
Then, in the same jar where the beets are pickled, add peeled, hard boiled eggs
to the brine and let them hang out there, in the refrigerator for three days.
That’s it. Really!
The result will be simply gorgeous, magenta eggs.
You won’t believe how beautiful they are when you slice them in half!And when you taste them . . . oh my! Delicious!
I hope you try it and love how easy it is to make beet pickled eggs!
Beet Pickled Eggs Recipe
- Add both vinegars, water, salt and sugar to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and remove from the heat. Stir to be sure the salt and sugar are completely dissolved.
- Place the prepared beets and shallots in a large jar or glass bowl, and pour the vinegar mixture over them. Do not cover and let this cool to room temperature.
- Then cover with the lid or seal tightly with plastic wrap. Place in the refrigerator for at least two days before trying them.
- Remove the beets and shallots from the liquid. They are now delicious and ready to eat or be used in salads or other recipes. Do not throw out the liquid in the jar!
- Add the hard boiled eggs to the liquid. If the liquid doesn't come to the top of the eggs, add a bit more a bit more red wine vinegar and water so that it does. You may also need a bigger jar or container. Cover tightly, and let this marinate in the refrigerator for 3 days.
Cooking On The Weekends is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.