Thirty of the best unique Cinco de Mayo recipes have arrived! I’m serving them up right here — from Mexican appetizers and entrées, to sides dishes and desserts — there’s definitely something delicious here for everyone!Every year I create a handful of recipes with a Mexican vibe, and I gather them together to celebrate Cinco de Mayo.
(No, I’m not making all of these! )
This is one of the most delicious holidays, so who will you invite? What will you cook? I have about thirty ideas for you, and all of them are super fun, very unique, and utterly delectable! If I do say so myself. 😉
Just below are the links to eight of the best unique Cinco de Mayo recipes. (All are shown in the above image.)
1. Chile Tequila Chicken Tostada
2. Lemon-Chipotle Guacamole
3. Five-Minute Mexican Blackened Salmon
4. Jalapeño Roasted Corn
5. Smoky Chipotle Mango Quesadilla
6. Colorado-Style Chili
7. Tortilla-Crusted Pork Chops with Avocado-Lime Sauce
8. Roasted Chile Seared Scallops
Here are a handful more of my best unique Cinco de Mayo Recipes — click on the collage below to be led to the recipes for each one.
What is Cinco de Mayo Anyway?
- Cinco de Mayo is a highly misunderstood holiday, and for a lot of Americans, it’s simply an opportunity to eat Mexican food and perhaps drink a few margaritas.
- Most people believe that Cinco de Mayo is Mexico’s Independence Day, which is not the case. Mexico’s Independence is celebrated on September 16th.
- Cinco de Mayo actually commemorates the Mexican army’s victory over the French forces of Napoleon III on May 5, 1862, at the Battle of Puebla.
- Cinco de Mayo has become more of an American holiday than a Mexican one — though the majority of Americans might not understand its history.
But wait, there’s more food . . . .
Again, click on the collage below to be led to all of the tasty recipes for your Cinco de Mayo celebrations.