Crispy Mocha Cookies explode with the delicious flavors of chocolate and coffee. I might even replace my morning cup of coffee with one of them!It doesn’t get much better than mocha, the combination of chocolate and coffee. Oh wait a minute, it does get better. It gets better when it’s a cookie!
What’s in these delectable Crispy Mocha Cookies?
- black coffee
- half and half
- cocoa powder
- espresso powder
- flour, baking soda and salt
- cocoa crispy cereal
- semisweet chocolate chips
With a list like this, I’m guessing you’re ready to run to the market and start baking. 😉
Cookies are Always a Great Gift
These cookies are the absolute best gift for your coffee and/or chocolate loving friends and family. Trust me, you’ll make them very happy.
And print the recipe for them, because I suspect they’ll want seconds and thirds.
I love giving the gift of cookies. For happy occasions, sad times, celebrations, rainy days, there’s really no bad time to bring someone cookies. I mean seriously, have you ever been given cookies and not felt happy and comforted?
I know, me too.
Can you freeze Crispy Mocha Cookies?
- Like most cookies, these can be frozen, wrapped well, for a couple of months. They’re even delicious when they’re frozen. I think cookies are like candy bars when they’re frozen. Delicious!
- You can also freeze the dough, wrapped well, for a month or so. If you do, thaw it at room temperature. It should be the consistency it was before it went in the freezer, when you’re ready to shape and bake them.
More dessert recipes with coffee and chocolate for you:
- Breakfast Cookies with Espresso and Oats
- Mocha Meringues with Chocolate Chips
- Flourless Chocolate Kahlúa-Espresso Decadence Cake
I hope you love these Crispy Mocha Cookies as much as I do!
These Crispy Mocha Cookies explode with the delicious flavors of chocolate and coffee. I might even replace my morning cup of coffee with one of them!
Makes about 2 1/2 dozen
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup golden brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup brewed black coffee, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons half and half
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons espresso powder
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups Cocoa Crispy Rice Cereal
- 2 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 350°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, mix the butter with the sugars, vanilla, coffee, half and half, salt, cocoa powder, and espresso powder. Once everything is evenly blended, add the eggs and mix until the batter is smooth, about 1 minute.
Add the flour and baking soda to the wet ingredients and mix only until combined.
Fold in the cereal and chocolate.
Use an (approximately) 1-3/4 to 2-inch cookie scoop or tablespoon to shape the cookies, adding them to the parchment-lined baking sheet as you go, about 2 inches apart.
Bake in the preheated 350°F oven until they're set, about 10 minutes. They should still look doughy when you remove them from the oven -- they will firm up a bit as they cool. Leave them on the baking sheet for a couple minutes, then transfer them to a cooling rack.
Cooking On The Weekends is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.