Chocolate Pretzel Dulce De Leche Cookies are a combination of a pretzel cookie recipe with dulce de leche cookies. And chocolate! This is one cookie you won’t want to miss out on! Seriously!These dulce de leche cookies are caramel-y, chocolatey, salty, and chewy!
So here’s the deal with these cookies, they’re a combination of dulce de leche cookies, pretzel and chocolate. The dulce de leche along with the pretzels, creates a super delicious sweet and salty vibe.
Add to the the rich chocolate and it’s a huge winner.
What makes a good cookie?
- A good cookie involves a lot of chunks (much like a good ice-cream).
- Every bite has to have a chunk. This is very important. So please, if you’re ever making cookies — any cookies — and don’t feel the recipe has called for enough chocolate chips, chunks, etc., don’t hesitate to add more.
- Like so many foods, cookies should be removed from the oven as soon as possible when they’re done. They always firm up a bit more outside of the oven, so taking them out earlier rather than later, is always best.
These are just a couple of many things that contribute to a good cookie. Hit me up for more any time. 🙂
What’s in Chocolate Pretzel Dulce De Leche Cookies?
- Dulce de Leche
- chocolate covered pretzels
- brown sugar
- granulated sugar
- baking soda
Dessert can be exciting, interesting, and delicious without being fussy.
I think cookies are a great, easy dessert to serve at parties or small get-togethers.
Enjoy this scrumptious Chocolate Pretzel Dulce De Leche Cookie Recipe!
More tempting dulce de leche cookies:
These cookies are a combination of pretzel cookies and dulce de leche cookies. And chocolate!
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¾ teaspoons sea salt
- 1¼ cups dulce de leche (click here for How To Make Dulce De Leche)
- 1 large egg
- 1½ cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups chocolate-covered pretzels, roughly chopped
Preheat the oven to 350°F and cover two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, mix the sugars with the butter, vanilla and salt. Once it's nicely blended, add 1 cup of the dulce de leche and mix until smooth. (You will use the remaining ¼ cup to drizzle on top of the cookies when they're done.) Then mix in the egg. Now add the flour and baking soda and mix only until they're incorporated. Fold in the chocolate-covered pretzels.
Use a 1¼-inch cookie scoop or 2 teaspoons to form the batter into balls, placing them on the parchment-covered baking sheets as you go, about 9 to 12 per sheet. They will spread a little.
Place the baking sheets in the preheated oven and bake until the cookies are solid and only just slightly golden along the edges, about 8 minutes. Let them cook for a few minutes on the baking sheet and then place them on a cooling rack. Repeat this process until you've used all of the batter.
Once the cookies have cooled, warm the remaining dulce de leche in the microwave for about 10 seconds and use a teaspoon to drizzle it over the cookies.
Cooking On The Weekends is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.