Herbs de Provence Idaho Potato Muffins are incredibly aromatic and bursting with the flavors of rosemary, thyme, oregano and lavender. Using Yukon Gold potatoes in the batter, the texture is soft and delicate. You will keep coming back for more.Who knew that my going to Camp Blogaway last May would ever lead to these super yummy Idaho Potato-Asiago Muffins with Herbs de Provence? Not me! My blog was just about to launch, and it was my first opportunity to connect with the amazing food blogging community.
It was at Campblogaway that I had the pleasure of meeting Patti Londre, the camp’s founder and the author of “Worth The Whisk” — and Don Odiorne of Idaho Potatoes, one of the sponsors.
This Herbs de Provence Idaho Potato Muffins recipe and a fun event came from these connections I made.
A handful of food bloggers got together to create recipes using Idaho Potatoes for our Valentine’s Day. Our recipes will be featured in newspapers throughout the U.S. during the month of February, which just happens to be Potato Lover’s Month.
What’s in Herbs de Provence Idaho Potato Muffins?
- Herbs de Provence
- Asiago cheese
- Idaho Yukon Gold potatoes
- sugar, salt
- all-purpose flour
- baking soda
Muffins with Herbs de Provence are over-the-top.
It’s those aromatics that bring them to another level.
And how cool is it that you can use marbles or foil to make heart shaped muffins or cupcakes?!
How to Make Heart-Shaped Muffins
You will need:
- muffin pan
- cupcake liners
- small marbles or foil to make into little balls
This is as simple as it looks .Just put the cupcake liners in the muffin pan, and place a small marble or crumpled piece of foil somewhere along the edge to create the dip in the curve. That’s it!
(Don’t fret if you don’t happen to have marbles in the house — just use the foil.)
I hope you enjoy the Herbs de Provence Idaho Potato Muffins, and have a happy Valentine’s Day!
More delicious Idaho Potato recipes:
- Herb Garlic Smashed Potatoes
- Rosemary Confit Potatoes
- Garlic Confit Mashed Potatoes
- Crispy Onion Fingerling
Herbs de Provence Idaho Potato Muffins
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted, divided
- 1½ teaspoons dried Herbs de Provence, divided
- ⅔ cup Asiago cheese, grated
- ⅓ cup Idaho Yukon Gold potato (skin on) washed and dried, grated
- ¾ cup Idaho Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled, cooked & mashed
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1¼ teaspoons baking soda
- To make the topping, in a small bowl, combine 3 tablespoons of the butter with 1/2 teaspoon of the Herbs de Provence, 1/4 cup of the cheese, and the grated potato. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the mashed potatoes with the buttermilk, egg, salt and sugar. Add the flour with the baking soda, and mix just until combined. Then fold in the remaining butter, Herbs de Provence and cheese.
- Fill each paper cup about 3/4 the way up with the batter, and divide the topping evenly, about a teaspoon on top of each one.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 25 minutes. Then let them cool in the pan for at least 15 minutes. Serve!
Cooking On The Weekends is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.