This Melon Avocado Salad is every bit as tasty as it is pretty. Its delicate flavors blend perfectly together with avocado oil to form a scrumptious, light and healthy dish!In the La Tourangelle brochure, it says: “La Tourangelle artisan nut oils are handcrafted in our California mill in the spirit of the traditional oil-making method we developed 150 years ago in France.”
Inspiration for Melon Avocado Salad Recipe
When a company like La Tourangelle approaches me about sampling one of their products, I know they’ve at the very least, skimmed Cooking On The Weekends, and have an idea of what I’m all about.
I love their products, and when they sent me their avocado oil, I was quickly inspired to create this Melon Avocado Salad Recipe.
What is Avocado Oil?
Avocado oil the only cooking oil made from the pulp of the fruit, rather than the pit or skin.
With a delicate, almost buttery flavor and a mouth feel that’s amazingly smooth, La Tourangelle Avocado Oil is lovely.
It’s fantastic in this Melon Avocado Salad recipe — especially with the bits of finger limes mixed into it. Delicious!
Uses for Avocado Oil
Not only is avocado oil superb cold in viniagrettes and dressings, but it’s fantastic for grilling, sautéing and frying, as it has a very high smoking point.
(Avocado oil also has a few awesome cosmetic uses — you can check those out here, because well, we’re cooking at Cooking On The Weekends, not washing hair!)
La Tourangelle oils are Non-GMO certified, 100% natural, and the list of avocado oil health benefits is impressive.Hearing from companies like La Tourangelle is refreshing — I greatly appreciate them. And while I’ve obviously been promoting the heck out of them, this is in fact, not a sponsored post — and as always, I only share things with you here that I truly love.
I hope you find this Melon Avocado Salad as lovely as I do!
Melon Avocado Salad Recipe
- about 4 (1 to 2-inch thick) slices of melon (I used Summer Kiss)
- about ¼ cup red onion, super thinly sliced
- about 2 ounces Parmesan cheese, shaved
- ¼ medium-sized avocado super thinly sliced
- about 1½ tablespoons La Tourangelle Avocado Oil
- 2 small Finger limes
- Remove the skin from the melon slices and then, holding them down on a clean, dry surface, use a vegetable peeler to "shave" them into super thin, ribbon-like slices. (You can also use a very sharp knife, if it's easier.) Add the melon to a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Add the onion, cheese and avocado slices.
- Drizzle with the avocado oil, cut the Finger limes in half, horizontally, and then squeeze them on top. (Here's more about Finger limes.)
- Sprinkle with a bit of sea salt and serve. (It's quick and easy to toss every together in the mixing bowl, but for a very pretty, composed finish, you can arrange the ingredients, as you prepare them, directly onto the serving plates.
Cooking On The Weekends is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.