What’s a mom/chef to do when she learns that one of her children has Celiac Disease?
She creates ten really delicious gluten-free cookie recipes, of course!
~ ~ ~
Let’s cut right to the chase, shall we?
1. Nutella Chocolate Chip – These are almost like eating Nutella right out of the jar, only with an added cookie crispness and chocolate chips.
2. Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies – Have you ever had a bite of creamy, salted peanut butter with a few chocolate chips on top? That’s what this one is like.
3. Spiced Granola Breakfast Cookie – This cookie is like the best bowl of granola you’ve ever had, just in the form of a cookie.
4. Chestnut Chocolate Chip Cookies – Chestnuts are not just for roasting. They can also make a wonderful flour that makes these my son’s favorite gluten-free chocolate chip cookies.
5. Trail Mix Peanut Butter – Small chunks of chocolate, nuts and dried fruit make every bite of these cookies absolutely scrumptious.
6. Almond Joy Cookies – Coconut flour is another great ingredient for gluten-free baking. It perfectly compliments a chunk of a melting Almond Joy candy bar in this center of the cookie.
7. Meringues: Mocha, Vanilla Chocolate Chip and Double Chocolate Chip – Light and airy, these three types of meringues are easy to make and are all bites of deliciousness.
8. Buckwheat Chocolate Chip Cookies – I’ve always found it confusing that buck-“wheat,” doesn’t actually contain any wheat. I just accept it, and appreciate the wonderful earthy flavor it adds to these super chocolatey cookies.
9. Oatmeal Almond Chocolate-Cherry Lace Cookies – One of our all time favorites, these cookies are thin, crisp, buttery, and full of delicious sweet treats.
10. Salted Dulce de Leche Macaroons – Imagine, if you will, a spoonful of light coconut flakes in warm dulce de leche. Are you with me?
All of these cookies are 100% gluten-free and 100% yummy.
Just ask my son.