Tomato Onion Blue Cheese Salad
Tomato Onion Blue Cheese Salad is simple, full of seasonal summer flavors, that’s as delicious as it is beautiful.
- 2 tomatoes (about the size of plums) washed, dried, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 Maui onion, peeled and sliced very thinly
- 10 large basil leaves, washed and dried
- 2 teaspoons blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- freshly ground black pepper
Alternating between the tomato and onion slices, arrange them on a round plate. Add a basil leaf after each onion slice, and then sprinkle the blue cheese over the top.
Add the balsamic vinegar to a very small sauté pan and place it over medium-high heat. Cook until it thickens and reduces by about half.
Drizzle the reduced balsamic and grind a bit of pepper over the tomatoes and onions and serve.