Peach and Avocado Salad with Zucchini
This salad recipe is the essence of summer. Its fresh, sweet flavors from seasonal produce are a super delicious and pretty combination.
- 4 cups loosely packed baby spinach leaves, washed and dried
- 2 cups zucchini (about ¾ pound), washed and dried, finely grated
- 1 cup white cheddar cheese, cut into small bite-sized pieces
- ½ cup yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 3 medium-large peaches, each cut into about 10 even wedges
- 1 medium avocado (click here for How to Peel & Cut an Avocado), cut into bite-sized pieces
- about 2 tablespoons of each: a couple splashes of white balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Combine everything except the vinegar, oil, salt and pepper into a large serving bowl!
Drizzle with the vinegar and oil -- enough to lightly coat the entire salad. Season to taste with the salt and freshly ground black pepper.