Smashed Potato Egg Pizza with Bacon is everything you want on your plate in the morning, combined into one delicious dish! You know when this breakfast recipe would be perfect?
Ummmm. . . . any day.
Any morning, afternoon or evening.
Inspiration for Smashed Potato Egg Pizza
I love Smashed Potato Pizza Crust, and I’m always inspired to create new delicious combinations of ingredients to top it with.
Who doesn’t love crispy potatoes with their bacon and eggs!?
Exactly! Everybody loves it! Which is why it’s the crust for this breakfast pizza.
A bite of crispy potato with melting cheese, smoky bacon and creamy egg yolk is enough to get anyone up and out of bed to start the day.
What is a Smashed Potato Pizza?
A smashed potato pizza is a gluten-free pizza with a crust made out of 100% potato.
It can be topped with any ingredients you like, just as a regular pizza would be.
It doesn’t behave quite like a pizza with a typical bread crust. If it gets crispy enough on the bottom, it can be hand held, but it’s often easier to eat with a fork and knife.
What’s in Smashed Potato Egg Pizza with Bacon?
Can you use another cheese?
Sure! You can use any cheese you’d like. It would also be lovely with a white cheddar or Swiss.
How to Make it
- You can learn how to make the “crust” here, and you can make it up to 6 hours ahead of time.
- Once the crust is ready, sprinkle it with cheese and top it with bacon.
Gently press down on a few areas of the pizza to create shallow “bowls” for the eggs. Carefully crack an egg into each of these areas.
Sprinkle with chili flakes and then bake until the eggs are cooked.
More detailed instructions are below.
I hope you enjoy Smashed Potato Egg Pizza with Bacon as much as my family and I do!
It would be lovely to serve for a lazy Sunday brunch.
More unique gluten-free pizza crusts:
Smashed Potato Egg Pizza with Bacon
- 1 (10-inch) Smashed Potato Pizza Crust (Click here for the recipe.)
- 1 cup Kerrygold Dubliner cheese, grated
- 3 strips cooked bacon, each one broken into thirds
- 4 large eggs
- chili flakes
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese evenly over the top of the prepared Smashed Potato Pizza Crust on a baking sheet.
- Add the bacon on top of the cheese.
- Gently press down on 4 areas of the pizza to create shallow "bowls" for the eggs to go in. Carefully crack an egg into each of these areas, and sprinkle with chili flakes.
- Place in the preheated 400°F oven and bake just until the eggs have cooked, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Let the pizza sit for about five minutes, slice and serve.
Cooking On The Weekends is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.