Passion Fruit Mousse is deliciously light and creamy. Passion fruit desserts are so wonderful as they are almost always tart, sweet and aromatic. This mousse is no exception, and it's lovely served on its own, and fantastic with chocolate!
The Inspiration for Passion Fruit Mousse
Years ago, at a friend's birthday party, I had a bite of one of the most delicious things I'd ever tasted. It was light and airy, and sweet and tart. I couldn't pinpoint what the tropical, somewhat intense flavor was.
About three bites in, I asked my Brazilian chef friend, Rosalia, who'd catered the party. Turns out, I was eating passion fruit mousse.
This was not just any passion fruit mousse, oh no -- you see, everything made by Rosalia was special. So I know it was not only created perfectly, but it must have been full of good vibes and love. (Those are bona fide ingredients, you know.)
While for me this was something new, Rosalia told me how popular passion fruit desserts are in Brazil and that passion fruit mousse is quite common there.
Let me tell you, once I learned this divine flavor which I initially couldn't even name was passion fruit, it has become one of my favorite exotic, tropical fruits.
The passion fruit mousse was thick, rich and creamy, while somehow still light. And it was ever so delicately flavored with the absolutely dreamy, tropical taste of passion fruit.
You can buy frozen passion fruit juice at most Latin markets -- OR -- you can learn how easy it is to cut and juice fresh passion fruits here, which of course I think is the way to go, but I promise I won't judge if you purchase.
My passion fruit mousse recipe isn't Rosalia's, though I think the flavor and texture are pretty close. I hope you love it!
No-Churn Passion Fruit Ice Cream
Guess what!? You can freeze the mousse and create the most luscious, beautiful No-Churn Passion Fruit Ice Cream! Try it both ways and let me know what you think.
A few more delectable passion fruit desserts:
- Passion Fruit Chocolate Ganache Bars
- Passion Fruit Ginger Cheesecake Bars
- Mango Passion Fruit Ice Cream from Marcellina In Cucina
Passion Fruit Mousse Recipe
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ½ cup passion fruit juice - click here for How to Juice a Passion Fruit (about 10 passion fruits)
- ¾ cup sweetened condensed milk
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla
- Combine ingredients. Fold in the passion fruit juice, condensed milk and vanilla and mix only until everything is evenly incorporated. (Here's How to Juice Passion Fruit.)
- Chill. Chill the mousse in the refrigerator, (covered either in a bowl with plastic wrap or in a plastic container with a lid), for about 2 hours before serving.If you want to make No Churn Passion Fruit Ice Cream, simply place in the freezer instead of the refrigerator, and mix it a couple of times as it freezes.
Cooking On The Weekends is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.