This Pickled Beets Recipe is both easy and delicious. Pickled beets can enhance any salad or sandwich and are a fabulous and healthy snack!
For years I’ve wondered how it’s possible that my husband doesn’t care for beets.
I support the way he (or anyone for that matter), chooses to eat, but this I just don’t get. I mean, what’s not to love about a beet? They’re a hearty, warming, deliciously sweet, beautiful root vegetable.
I had an idea . . . .
How to Pickled Beets
There are 3 easy steps . . .
- Vinegar, water, salt and sugar are brought to a boil together.
- Sliced, cooked beets and sliced, raw shallots are added to the warm vinegar mixture, and then cooled, uncovered in a jar.
- Then jar is then covered, and placed in the refrigerator for the beets to marinate for about 2 days.
How to Use Them
They are wonderful in all sorts of salads. Here’s one that features them . . .
Beet Pickled EggsPlease don’t judge, but I’ve definitely tried to get my husband to eat beets on many occasions. Not in a sneaky way, just in a “just try them, I’m sure you will change your mind,” kind of a way.
It wasn’t until I pickled the beets that he turned.
Pickling Beets is the Secret!
Yep, he loves this Pickled Beets recipe. I added these Pickled Beets to a salad the other night and he devoured it.
I hope you enjoy this Pickled Beets recipe as much as me (and my husband)!
Recipes with Beets:
- Chocolate Beet Cake
- Vegan Beet Soup Recipe
- Beet Pickled Eggs Recipe
- Beet Kale Sprout Salad with Mandarins
Pickled Beets Recipe
- Add both vinegars, water, salt and sugar to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and remove from the heat. Stir to be sure the salt and sugar are completely dissolved.
- Place the prepared beets and shallots in a large jar or glass bowl, and pour the vinegar mixture over them. Do not cover and let this cool to room temperature.
- Then cover with the lid or seal tightly with plastic wrap. Place in the refrigerator for at least two days before trying them. (They should keep for up to a month in the refrigerator.)
Cooking On The Weekends is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.