This Grapefruit Popsicle Recipe with Honey is a super delicious, healthy and refreshing combination of flavors for a most delightful frozen treat!
My current favorite breakfast is a Ruby grapefruit cut in half with honey drizzled over it.
I just love the perfect blend of the tart, juicy grapefruit with the sweet honey.
I've been loving this so much that I decided to deconstruct it, then reshape it into an ice cold healthy popsicle.
The result: a delightful, delicious and refreshing summer snack.
What's in this recipe?
- Ruby grapefruit juice
That's absolutely it! Are you in?
These are so easy to put together, and you'll be so happy you did.
How to Make These Healthy Popsicles
- Slice the grapefruits in half and then juice them.
- Removed any membranes, pit and seeds.
- Melt the honey and mix it into the grapefruit juice.
- Pour the mixture into popsicle molds.
- You should feel free to adjust the amount of honey in the recipe, depending on the sweetness of the grapefruit, which will vary.
- A very sweet grapefruit might just require a drop of the honey.
- I love the color and flavor of the Ruby grapefruits, but of course you can feel free to use any variety you love.
- Do not try to remove the popsicles from their molds until you're certain they're completely frozen.
I drizzled the additional honey on the popsicles to make them sparkle for the camera -- however, and I love the extra sweetness!
I hope you love these grapefruit popsicles as much as I do. They'll satisfy your sweet tooth and quench your thirst -- all at once.
More frozen dessert recipes:
- Fresh Strawberry Granita Recipe
- Double Shot Espresso Popsicle Recipe
- Minty Lime Granita Strawberry Cups
- Cherry Chocolate Frozen Yogurt Recipe
- Pomegranate Berry Popsicles and Cocktails
Grapefruit Popsicle Recipe with Honey
- 2 large Ruby grapefruits
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Cut both grapefruits in half horizontally and then squeeze all of the juice and pulp into a large mixing bowl. Large chunks of fruit are great, but remove every bit of the membranes and pith that may get in the mix. You might also need to spoon out a few tiny seeds. You will need about 2 cups juice/pulp for 4 (4-ounce) popsicle molds.
- Melt the honey and then add it to the grapefruit. Use a whisk to blend.
- Now pour the grapefruit-honey mixture evenly into 4 (4-ounce) popsicle molds and freeze for at least 4 hours before serving/eating.
Cooking On The Weekends is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Beautiful combination. Maybe also fun to make cubes in ice trays and serve
in parfait glasses with a sprig of mint on top. Hate to admit I don't have
Linda, I LOVE that idea! Perfect.
What a summer recipe! Wow on taste, with minimal kitchen time! Keep then coming Valentina!
Thank you so much Deb! Enjoy!
I like the ice cube idea, only I'd serve them with a cocktail poured on top. GREG
I like it, Greg! 🙂
That is a brilliant idea! Especially since I am more a cocktail than popsicle kid!
Cathy | She Paused 4 Thought
I love the thought of frozen grapefruit juice and think it is a great idea for a popsicle, ice cubes or in a cocktail. Gorgeous & delicious.
Thanks, Cathy! I'm loving all of these ideas. xo
I have never had grapefruit with honey, only sugar. What a great idea, Valentina! The color is really gorgeous! xo
Thank you, David! Perfect for the Arizona heat! 😉
I love popsicles to death! I'm always looking for the newest popsicle recipes and I'm so glad I stumbled upon your blog. Your recipes are really interesting 🙂