The Everything Bagel Cookie recipe might just be one of the most unique cookie recipes I've ever made. Not only are these cookies made with a homemade twist on the Everything but the Bagel seasoning mix, they're also everything you want in a cookie, including chocolate!
I love Everything Bagels, and I wanted to somehow work them into a sweet cookie -- to enjoy this delicious seasoning blend in a different, but equally tasty way.
You might be thinking The Everything Bagel Cookie recipe is similar to a Kitchen Sink Cookie recipe. You know, the cookies you throw everything into (M & M's, oats, raisins, nuts, etc.)?
Think the Everything Bagel in the form of a cookie, BUT . . . .
Think the Everything Bagel without the garlic and onion.
Think Everything Bagel without the garlic and onion meets a chocolate chip cookie.
If you're skeptical, I get it -- so was I. Don't be. Trust me.
The first time I made these, when I pulled them out of the oven, I thought either they'd be brilliant -- or -- they'd be too weird (for lack of a better word).
Fortunately, they were brilliant, and I loved them. I mean, really, really loved them. They're definitely one of the most unique cookie recipes I've made -- and one of the best!
Now they're one of my go-to fun cookies.
What's is an Everything but the Bagel Seasoning Mix
Unlike curry blends, which seem to have dozens of variations -- the Everything but the Bagel Seasoning Mix doesn't vary too much from recipe to recipe, or bagel to bagel.
Typically the Everything Bagel Seasoning Mix includes: poppy seeds, sesame seeds, onion, garlic and salt. I've also had many Everything bagels that include caraway seeds.
My Everything Bagel Cookie Mix includes:
- poppy seeds
- sesame seeds
- brown sugar
I left out the onion and garlic, and added chocolate and brown sugar. (Not a bad trade!)
You can use black or white sesame seeds.
What are the other ingredients?
- olive oil
- brown sugar
- all-purpose flour, baking soda, salt
- semisweet chocolate
And when I say, "they're everything you want in a cookie," it's because they're sweet, salty, chewy, crisp, and so-over-the-top delicious!
I really hope you try my Everything Bagel Cooke recipe and love it!
The Everything Bagel Cookie Recipe
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Make the batter.Add the olive oil, sugar, vanilla, salt and egg to a large mixing bowl. Mix everything together until it's smooth. Add the flour and baking soda and mix just until you no longer still see dry spots. (Do not over mix!) Fold in the hazelnuts and chocolate chunks or chips.
- Shape the cookies. Shape the cookie dough into balls, about 1 generous tablespoon each. Place them on the parchment-lined baking sheet as you go. (They can be close together and should all fit on one sheet.) Set aside.
For the coating
- Make the Everything mix. Add the poppy seeds, sesame seeds, salt and sugar to a small bowl. Mix until everything is evenly blended.
- Coat cookies with the Everything mix. Now roll each prepared ball of dough into this mixture, coating it on all sides -- you don't want to see the dough when you're done. As you coat them, place each one back onto the same parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Refrigerate. Wrap the baking sheet tightly in plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours, and ideally overnight.
- Set the oven and prepare another baking sheet. Then preheat the oven to 350°F, and line another baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Bake. Once the oven is preheated, remove the other baking sheet from the refrigerator. With about 2-inches between them, add the coated dough balls to the new parchment-lined baking sheet.Bake in the preheated 350°F oven just until the cookies are no longer doughy and edges are slightly golden, 10 to 12 minutes. Repeat until you've baked all of the cookies.
- Cool. Let them sit on the baking sheet for a couple of minutes, then let them cool on a baking rack.
Cooking On The Weekends is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.