Balsamic Cranberry Salad Dressing is the delicious rich and creamy result of having leftover cranberry sauce from Thanksgiving. It brings salads over-the-top!
Inspiration for creamy Balsamic Cranberry Salad Dressing
Are you wondering what to do with leftover cranberry sauce? I have some every year.
I love cranberry sauce, and a Thanksgiving feast simply isn’t complete without it. That said, I seem to always have more of it leftover than any other dish.
Your could make the oh-so-yummy Spiced Cranberry Sauce Corn Muffins. They promise to be a treat, especially warmed up with a dab of butter.
I made the muffins and still had cranberry sauce to spare, so I decided to use it to whip up this delicious, rich and creamy salad dressing.
What’s in Balsamic Cranberry Salad Dressing?
- cranberry sauce (I used Spiced Cranberry Sauce.)
- balsamic vinegar
- grapefruit juice
- Dijon mustard
- grapeseed oil
- salt and pepper
Uses for Balsamic Cranberry Salad Dressing
- This dressing is the perfect, festive dressing to add to salads during the holiday season.
- The chunks of cranberries make it hearty enough to make a great salad with just lettuce.
- I love it with kale, mustard greens and arugula because the sweetness perfectly balances the peppery or bitter bite in the greens.
- Oh, and it’s amazing drizzled into a turkey and brie sandwich.
- You can also use it to marinate chicken!
- My instructions below are for using a bowl and whisk, but the easiest (and my favorite) way to make vinaigrettes and dressings is in a jar. I give these directions in case you don’t have a jar.
- If you do have a jar, add all of the ingredients to it, screw the lid on tightly and shake. That’s it!
So when you find yourself the day after Thanksgiving not knowing what to do with leftover cranberry sauce, jump over here for this recipe. 🙂
And if you still have more leftover cranberry sauce you can make more muffins. Perfect!
Balsamic Cranberry Salad Dressing is the delicious rich and creamy result of having leftover cranberry sauce from Thanksgiving. It's beings salads over-the-top!
Makes about 1 cup
In a small bowl, mix the first 6 ingredients together. Then very gradually, mix in the oil. (Or, you can add all of the ingredients to a jar, seal it tightly with the lid, and shake.)