Are you a frosting person? Or a cake person?
I’m both, but when it comes down to it, I’m disappointed if I’m given a frosting-less slice of cake — or a slice with too much cake and not enough frosting.
Make it today! Please note that it will only take you about 5 minutes, and you’ll need it, along with your roasted beets (about 2 large beets, to be exact), for the Raspberry-Beet Valentine’s Day Cupcake Recipe we’ll be making in a few days.
The possibilities are endless. (You might even simply try it on its own — with a spoon!)
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 6 cups powdered sugar
- ½ cup half and half
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Place butter in a very large mixing bowl, and add about half of the powdered sugar.
- Use an electric mixer (or heavy wooden spoon) to mix until smooth.
- Add the remaining sugar and blend until smooth.
- Pour in the half and half and vanilla and beat for about 30 seconds -- it should be very smooth and spreadable.
- At this point you can add color if desired.