Thirteen years ago, at a friends birthday party, I had a bite of one of the most delicious things I’d ever tasted.
Passion fruit mousse.
This was not just any passion fruit mousse, oh no — this one was made by my amazing, Brazilian chef friend, Rosalia. So I know it was not only created perfectly, but it must have been full of good vibes and love. (Those are bona fide ingredients, you know.)
It was thick, rich, creamy and ever so delicately flavored with the absolutely dreamy, tropical taste of passion fruit.You can buy frozen passion fruit juice at most Latin markets — OR — you can learn how easy it is to cut and juice fresh passion fruits here, (which of course I think is the way to go, but I promise I won’t judge if you purchase).
Passion Fruit Mousse Recipe
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ½ cup passion fruit juice about 10 passion fruits - Here's How to Cut and Juice passion fruit.
- ¾ cup sweetened condensed milk
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla
- Use an electric mixer with the whisk attachment to whip the cream until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in the passion fruit juice, condensed milk and vanilla and mix only until everything is evenly incorporated.
- Chill the mousse in the refrigerator, (covered either in a bowl with plastic wrap or in a plastic container with a lid), for about 2 hours before serving.
Recipe NotesPlease note that 2 hours of the prep time is inactive. And juicing the passion fruit is not included, which would take about 10 additional minutes.