Kiwi Berries are also known as Baby Kiwi. This Parfait recipe is delicious, healthy, and a lovely way to show off the beautiful fruit. Kiwi berry recipes can make for a great breakfast, lunch or snack.
Kiwi Berries are so adorable!
Don't you think?
What are Baby Kiwi or Kiwi Berries?
Baby kiwi are actually a berry.
They're just a bit smaller than an average-sized grape.
They have smooth, fuzz-less, eatable, thin skin, and are absolutely delicious.
Though slightly more delicate, the sweet and tart flavor is like that of it's cousin, the larger, brown-skinned kiwi.
While I love popping these cuties right in my mouth for a yummy, energizing snack, it's a must must to slice them first -- to see their inner beauty.
When are they in season?
Baby Kiwi are generally in season September to October, and February to April.
How to use Kiwi Berries?
As with so many wonderful fruits, when they're in season, they're absolutely divine to eat on their own.
You can also slice them for both green and fruit salads, and they're delightful on top of ice cream.
I especially love them with yogurt and granola, so I put the three together for this super tasty Baby Kiwi Parfait Recipe.
Melissa's Produce sent me samples of Baby Kiwi -- thank you!
- This recipe is for pretty generous portions -- you could certainly make smaller portions by using smaller glasses or jars, and dividing the ingredients accordingly.
- Use any granola you'd like to -- one with honey is lovely with the kiwi.
- Part of my job is making food look beautiful. I took the time to place each baby kiwi half with its interior facing out, lined up as perfectly as possible. Only do this if you feel like it! (I happen to love spending my time doing this sort of thing (especially for guests), but I realize I might not be the norm. You can make your layers any which way you want to -- you can even just throw it all together in a bowl. It will still be delicious! Promise!
More recipes with Kiwi Berries:
You can find out more about this gem of a fruit here.
Kiwi Berry Parfait Recipe
- 1½ cups plain yogurt, (I use low-fat Greek-style)
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons kiwi pulp from about 2 larger, brown-skinned kiwi
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- about 2 dozen kiwi berries, cut in half, horizontally
- ¾ cup granola (your favorite one)
- Make the yogurt mixture. In a small mixing bowl, combine the yogurt with the kiwi pulp, honey, and vanilla. (To make the kiwi pulp -- peel each kiwi and then on a clean cutting surface, finely chop them until you have super tiny pieces. Press them with the bottom of a fork to "purée" them further and to extract more juice.)
- Assemble the Parfaits. Use 2 (approximately 12-ounce), clear glasses or jars. Use about 12 baby kiwi halves to make the bottom layer in each glass or jar. (See bottom notes!) Then add 2 tablespoons of the granola on top of the baby kiwi, in each one. Follow the granola with about 2 tablespoons of the yogurt mixture, in each one. Repeat this twice more, and then finish the baby kiwi. They should be kept refrigerated until you're ready to serve.
Cooking On The Weekends is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Those are so cute!!!
Thanks, Karen. I'm a sucker for all "cute" foods. 😉
V, my hubby's training for a big endurance mtn bike race. This would be a great snack fir him to enjoy as breakfast. Plus, I'm a sucker for food in a mason jar. These are stunning!
Wow, mountain biking! How cool is that!? Enjoy! XO