Summertime is approaching, so are new and exciting cobbler recipes! With its warming spices, combining comfort with the fresh flavors of fruit, this Chai Spiced Peach-Blueberry Cobbler is my favorite!Creative and comforting food for casual entertaining.
That pretty much describes my cooking — and this cobbler. Don’t think for a minute comfort foods are limited to fall and winter. This cozy, delicious dish is both the essence of summer and comfort.
If you enjoy a warm cup of Chai tea, and you’re happy it’s stone fruit season, you’ll love this summer cobbler!
So, what exactly is a cobbler?
- Traditionally cobblers have a topping made of biscuits over fresh fruit. The biscuits are usually dropped onto the fruit in small rounds, giving it the appearance of a cobbled road, which is of course where the name comes from.
- Cobblers are also often made with cake or cookie batters instead of biscuit, and are equally tasty.
This would be so lovely for a group of friends or family for brunch.
And equally so as a dessert after dinner. Add a touch of cream and enjoy this dreamy cobbler anytime!
There’s something very rustic about a cobber.
I just love the way it sort of looks like a “mess.” It bubbles over the sides of the pan, and the crust is sort of haphazardly shaped and uneven.
Somehow all of that makes it even more delicious!
Enjoy every last crumb of this Gluten-Free Chai Spiced Peach-Blueberry Cobbler!
Summertime is approaching, so are new and exciting cobbler recipes! With its warming spices, combining comfort with the fresh flavors of fruit, this Chai Spiced Peach-Blueberry Cobbler is my favorite!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cup golden brown sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2/3 cup low-fat or whole milk
- 3 cups fresh peaches, washed and dried, skin on, cut into about 1/2-inch slices
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, washed and dried
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Pour the melted butter into an 8-inch or 9-inch square baking pan. Set aside.
In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine 3/4 cup of the brown sugar, flour, baking powder, spices and salt.
Once the dry ingredients are well blended, add the milk and stir.
Evenly pour the mixture on top of the melted butter in your baking pan, and do not stir.
Arrange the peaches and blueberries evenly on top of the batter.
Sprinkle the entire top surface with the remaining 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
Place the baking pan on a baking sheet (just in case it bubbles over), and bake until it's golden brown, about 45 minutes.
Let the cobbler sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes. Serve warm and drizzle each serving with a bit of the cream.