This Summer Zucchini-Peach Avocado Salad recipe is the essence of summer. Its fresh, sweet flavors from seasonal produce are a super delicious and pretty combination. This is one of my all time favorite summer salad recipes!Are you still pulling zucchini from their vines in your summer garden?
Are any peaches still falling from your tree? (Don’t let the squirrels get them!)
Can you get enough avocados!? I can’t!
Since avocados are brought in from Mexico, they’re available now practically year round in California. That said, they always taste better to me in the summer. And very likely because they’re California grown and do travel very far to get to my Farmers Market and/or grocery store. If you’re an avocado lover, there’s really nothing like a perfectly ripe avocado at the peak of its season.Oh how I love summer fruits and vegetables!
I especially love adding sweet, vibrant and colorful fruits to green salads — it’s delicious and so much fun combining summer’s seasonal treasures into one beautiful bowl!
Don’t you think?
Here are a few more of my favorite summer salad recipes:
- Compressed Watermelon Salad with Creamy Lemon Lime Avocado
- Balsamic Glazed Watermelon Avocado Chopped Salad
- Meyer Lemon Black Quinoa-Plum and Avocado Salad
- Summer Tomato Sweet Onion Salad with Blue Cheese
- Summer Tomato Salad (And How to Peel Tomatoes)
Do you have any fruit trees? Zucchini growing in your backyard?
What’s growing in your garden? I want to know!
When to Serve Summer Zucchini-Peach Avocado Salad
- While this is a terrific, light summer dinner salad, it would also be really lovely to serve it for an outdoor summer brunch or lunch.
- Picnics! This delightful salad would be fantastic to bring to a summer picnic. It can be fully prepared except for the dressing, which you can add just before serving it at the picnic.
Whenever you decide to serve it, enjoy every last bite of this Summer Zucchini-Peach, Avocado Salad!
This salad recipe is the essence of summer. Its fresh, sweet flavors from seasonal produce are a super delicious and pretty combination.
- 4 cups loosely packed baby spinach leaves, washed and dried
- 2 cups zucchini (about 3/4 pound), washed and dried, finely grated
- 1 cup white cheddar cheese, cut into small bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 3 medium-large peaches, each cut into about 10 even wedges
- 1 medium avocado (click here for How to Peel & Cut an Avocado), cut into bite-sized pieces
- about 2 tablespoons of each: a couple splashes of white balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Combine everything except the vinegar, oil, salt and pepper into a large serving bowl!
Drizzle with the vinegar and oil -- enough to lightly coat the entire salad. Season to taste with the salt and freshly ground black pepper.