Peach Avocado Salad with Zucchini is the essence of summer. Its fresh, sweet flavors from seasonal produce are a super delicious, beautiful combination. Perfect for casual summer entertaining, or simply for a light lunch or dinner.
It doesn't get more summery than fresh peaches, avocados and zucchini.
This Peach Avocado Salad celebrates summer beautifully.
I love adding sweet, vibrant and colorful fruits to green salads -- it's delicious and so much fun combining summer's seasonal treasures into one bowl.
Ingredients for Peach Avocado Salad
- fresh peaches
- white cheddar cheese
- white balsamic vinegar
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt, black pepper
How to Make it
Recipe Tips and Substitutions
- If you don't have a spiralizer, you can also grate the zucchini.
- If you'd like, substitute peaches with nectarines or apricots.
- For salads, and just about every other use, avocados should be only slightly soft all over. (An avocado should only be super soft if you're using it for guacamole -- and even then, too soft isn't always a good thing.)
- You can use another white firm cheese in this peach avocado salad if you want to switch it up. Swiss or Gruyère would be good substitutions if you don't have white cheddar.
- Feel free to substitute spinach with any lettuce you love.
- Don't have white balsamic? Regular balsamic is also delicious with this salad.
- Really, you can serve this for almost any meal -- brunch, lunch, dinner.
- Peach Avocado Salad with Zucchini is a great side to serve with chicken or fish.
- Picnics! This delightful salad would be fantastic to bring to a summer picnic. It can be fully prepared ahead of time except for the dressing, which you can add just before serving it at the picnic.
I hope enjoy every last bite of this summery Peach Avocado Salad.
More delicious summer salad recipes:
- Watermelon Basil Salad
- Compressed Watermelon Salad with Lemon Lime Avocado
- Meyer Lemon Black Quinoa-Plum and Avocado Salad
- Tomato Sweet Onion Salad with Blue Cheese
- Cucumber Tomato Salad with Lemon
Peach Avocado Salad with Zucchini Recipe
- 4 cups loosely packed baby spinach leaves, washed, dried
- 2 cups spiralized or grated zucchini (about ¾ pound), washed, dried
- 1 cup chopped white cheddar cheese
- ½ cup thinly sliced yellow onion
- 3 medium-large peaches, washed, dried, sliced
- 1 medium avocado (click here for How to Peel & Cut an Avocado), sliced
- about 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- about 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Combine everything except the vinegar, oil, salt and pepper into a large serving bowl!
- Drizzle with the vinegar and oil -- enough to lightly coat the entire salad. Season to taste with the salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Cooking On The Weekends is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Sounds delish! Totally a combo I never thought of but I'm now anxious to try it. Hopefully I will get my garden going soon. Looks like it will be more of a fall garden by now, though 🙂
Peaches & avocadoes, great combo!
Alaine @ My GF & DF Living
I love how simple this salad is! I will definitely try but skip out on the cheese. Thanks for posting!
Christina | Christina's Cucina
Such a lovely salad, Valentina! My avocado tree may die from the extreme heat the other day and I'm so very sad! I hope it will make it, but right now it looks very bad. I also had tomato plants, but those are also done from the heat. 🙁 I did buy a box of organic peaches at Costco though, so there's some good news! 🙂
Oh Christina, such a bummer about your tomatoes. Fingers crossed the avocado tree survives! Even my small herb garden is suffering. 🙁 And yes, peaches are indeed good news. I'm loving all of the summer stone fruits.:-)
This looks so fresh and tasty! Avocados and peaches are two of my favourite things so whats not to love! It is winter for me at the moment but have pinned to make for summer.
Hi Hope. Thank you for your comment! While I'm enjoying summer and all of the seasonal fruits that come with it, I would love to be in New Zealand! I hope to visit there one day!
This is such an amazing flavor combination. I love both zucchini and peach but never tried them in a salad. I'm so doing this tonight - Yumm!!!
Oh yay! I hope you love it! Thank you. 🙂
This looks so wonderfully summery. I do love putting peaches in salads, they add such a nice burst of sweetness. And avocado always good.
Thanks, Caroline! Hope you try it. 🙂
Thank you, Caroline! Hope you try it! 🙂
Such a great combo, and a great way to use up zucchini!
Yes, everyone seems to have an abundance of zucchini. Thanks! 🙂
Nancy Hunter | Flavorpalooza.com
Love zucchini. Love peaches. Love avocado. A simple and simply delicious looking summer salad!
Thank you so much!
Loving this flavor combo!! YUM
David @ Spiced
Hey Valentina! It's a pleasure e-meeting you. 🙂 So we have several fruit trees in the backyard along with the garden of course. We planted the fruit trees when we moved in (7 years ago now...time flies), and they're finally big enough to produce legit fruit. 2 apple, 1 cherry, 1 nectarine. Problem with the nectarine is the squirrels get the fruit when it's still way too small to actually pick. Then they leave behind the seeds so I get to mow over them. Have you ever mowed over a nectarine/peach pit? It's loud. Haha! So I'll have to resort to store-bought peaches to make this salad...but that's ok. It sounds delicious, and perfect for summer lunches!
Hi David! Thanks for checking out my recipe.
We had a nectarine tree too and the squirrels loved it. We even briefly put mesh nets over the fruit, but they figured that out. Finally we just decided to share. 🙂 And how fantastic that you have a cherry tree -- I bet it's absolutely gorgeous when it begins to flower in the spring. (Same with the nectarine, I bet!) Enjoy!
John / Kitchen Riffs
I love using fruit in salads! This looks terrific -- and we're getting local peaches, so your timing is perfect. Thanks!
Local fruit is the best! Hope you try it and enjoy. 🙂
You are so creative - you come up with the most amazing combinations of flavors. The peaches are so sweet this year - can’t wait to try this! xo
Thank you so much, David! Our peaches have been super sweet too. I'm loving ALL of the stone fruit this summer. Our Farmers Market has been so packed with so many varieties. I come home with bags I almost can't carry they're so heavy. 🙂
I've been craving this exact salad but didn't know it til I saw it here... GREG
I love that, Greg! 🙂
I would have never thought to pair zucchini with peaches! What an inviting combination, so much summer in every scrumptious bite.
Yes, summer in every bite. I love that! Thank you. 🙂
Wow! I love everything about this recipe! I am printing it. Thanks!
Wow, thank you Mimi! 🙂 ~Valentina
Methinks we do not use fruit in salads in Australia as oft as is done in the States - interesting to follow the suggestion when stone fruit again appears in the shops at the other end of the year . . . lovely recipe which could almost act as a main dish . . . ") !
Hi Eha. I hope you try a green salad with fruit. They're really delicious, and you can make such interesting combinations, depending on what's in season. Enjoy and thank you. 🙂 ~Valentina
Kathy @ Beyond the Chicken Coop
I really love everything with peaches right now! This peach salad is such a great idea! So fresh and full of flavor!
Me too. Thanks, Cathy. 🙂 ~Valentina
This salad really is the essence of summer, Valentina! One of those that you want to eat every day while the individual ingredients are at their peak.
Thank you, Marissa. I agree. 😉 ~Valentina
Love it! It is such a light and moist meal! We also have problems with water supply so this is such a great way to stand the heat!!!! Thank you!
Thanks, Davorka. Enjoy and stay cool. 🙂 ~Valentina
John / Kitchen Riffs
Peaches? Yes, please. Local peaches are here, and I'm So enjoying them. This is a lovely salad -- thanks.