Pickled Ginger Salad with Wasabi Dressing is packed with citrus, and is an explosion of spicy, sweet and fresh flavors. It’s mind-blowingly delicious!
Inspiration for Pickled Ginger Salad with Wasabi Dressing
This salad began with an invitation to a Super Bowl party and a big bowl of Cara Cara oranges (pictured below).
Yep, that’s what it took to get this beautiful, scrumptious creation going.
And when it came to the crunch — an element I think all salads should have — I created the recipe for Spicy Crispy Fried Rice, which completed it perfectly.
In my totally biased, yet humble opinion, this Pickled Ginger Salad with Creamy Wasabi Dressing might just be the most unique and most delicious salad I’ve ever made.
What’s in the Pickled Ginger Salad?
- blood oranges
- Butter lettuce
- pickled ginger
- salt, pepper
- Spicy Crispy Fried Rice
- Creamy Wasabi Dressing
As if I didn’t already make your mouth water, check out the dressing . . .
What’s in Creamy Wasabi Dressing?
- wasabi paste
- rice vinegar
- lemon juice
- sugar, salt, pepper
- grapeseed oil
Full of seasonal citrus, Pickled Ginger Salad is an excellent choice for a winter salad.
I hope you’ll give it a go, share it with friends and family, and enjoy it immensely.
A few more recipes with wasabi:
- Wasabi Glazed Seared Ahi Tuna
- Miso Broiled Black Cod Recipe wtih Bok Choy Stir Fry
- Wasabi Shrimp with Avocado on Rice Crackers
Pickled Ginger Salad with Wasabi Dressing is packed with citrus, and is an explosion of spicy, sweet and fresh flavors. It's mind-blowingly delicious!
Please note that prep time does not include making the Spicy Crispy Fried Rice, which takes about 20 minutes.
- 2 medium-large Blood oranges, peeled, sliced into rounds (about 1/4-inch thick)
- 2 medium-large oranges, peeled, sliced into rounds (about 1/4-inch thick)
- 1 small Ruby grapefruit peeled, sliced into rounds (about 1/4-inch thick)
- 1 large head Butter lettuce, washed and dried, roughly chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced (white and green portions)
- 1/4 cup packed mint leaves washed and dried, stems removed (roughly chopped if they're big)
- 1/4 cup packed pickled ginger, drained, roughly chopped
- 1 large avocado, peeled, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup Crispy Spicy Fried Rice (click here for the recipe)
Add the wasabi, vinegar, lemon juice, sugar, salt and pepper to a small bowl and whisk it together. Gradually add the oil while whisking, and blend until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
The amounts of dressing people like to use on salads differ, so this recipes should make more than you need.
I used Cara Cara oranges -- the are my first choice for this recipe, but if you can't find them, Naval oranges are great, too.
Cooking On The Weekends is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.