Balsamic Watermelon Avocado Salad is a unique, delightful summer salad with a combination of beautifully blended, vibrant flavors, and one unexpected ingredient. It’s beautiful, hearty, refreshing, packed with amazing flavors and it’s screaming with summertime deliciousness.
This Balsamic Watermelon Avocado Salad is an exciting twist on a classic chopped salad. It’s easy enough for a busy weeknight and fancy enough for a party!
I’m thinking outdoor summer dinner on the patio.
How to Make a Salad Exciting
- Unexpected ingredient combinations. For example in this salad, I’ve combined watermelon with bacon and hard boiled eggs. Ever heard of that?
- Mix up the flavors. Sweet, tangy, savory, rich.
- Color! Bright, vibrant colors always make dishes exciting. It can be like art.
- Various textures. Crunchy, crisp, soft, creamy, juicy, and so on.
How would you like to become a star at the next potluck you go to? Just saying.
I don’t like to toot my own horn, but this salad is off the hook! Okay, I know, it gets tooted a lot around here.
What does it taste like?
The refreshing and juicy watermelon is so incredibly divine with the bites of smoky bacon, sharp red onion and creamy white cheddar cheese. Every single bite is a mouthful of over-the-top flavors!
I truly hope you’ll try it to see what all the fuss is about. You’ll be a star!
Enjoy every last bite of this Balsamic Watermelon-Avocado Salad!
Balsamic Watermelon Avocado Salad sound good?
Here are more exciting salad recipes:
- Pickled Ginger Citrus Salad with Creamy Wasabi Dressing
- Dragon Tongue Bean Salad Recipe with Spicy Honey-Mustard
- Roasted Vegetable Salad with Quinoa Crisps
- Fried Meyer Lemon Caesar Salad
- Lemon Marinated Fioretto Salad
- Chopped Chicken Apple Salad
- Summer Tomato-Sweet Onion Salad with Blue Cheese
- Shaved Melon Avocado Salad
- Lemon Black Rice Salad
- Vegetarian Italian Chopped Salad
Balsamic Glazed Watermelon Avocado Chopped Salad Recipe
- 3 cups loosely packed chopped lettuce (I used Romaine - about 1½ heads)
- 2 cups seedless watermelon, chopped
- 1 cup avocado, chopped
- ¾ cup white cheddar cheese, chopped
- 2 large hard boiled eggs (click here for How to Hard Boil Eggs), chopped
- ⅓ cup red onion, finely chopped
- 2 strips applewood smoked bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ¼ cup dates, pitted, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a large mixing bowl, excluding the vinegar, oil, salt and pepper, toss all of the ingredients together.
- Pour the balsamic vinegar into a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Bring to a strong simmer and cook to reduce by about half, until you have a thick syrup. This should take less than 5 minutes.
- Now drizzle the balsamic glaze and the oil over the salad, toss, and season to taste with salt and pepper. (Here's How to Season to Taste.)