This Lemon-Lime Avocado Dressing will bring anything it’s served with to the next level. It’s not only delicious on salads, but also on grilled meats, poultry and fish. It’s creamy, rich and healthy — all at once!
The idea for this dressing recipe was added to my “recipe to do list” many months ago and for some reason yesterday it jumped out at me.
I just had to try it. Immediately. I can’t believe it took me months to get to a recipe that ultimately took me ten minutes to whip up. That’s right, this super creamy, ever so scrumptious recipe takes just 10 minutes.
And with the explosion of flavor that will hit your tongue when you try it, you’d think it took much longer.
What’s in this recipe?
- extra virgin olive oil
- lemon juice
- lime juice
- garlic powder
- salt, sugar, pepper
It’s so quick and easy to make — just one step!
What to Serve With it
- It will bring any salad to another level.
- The Creamy Lemon-Lime Avocado Dressing is absolutely amazing in my recipe for Compressed Watermelon Salad (pictured above).
- This dressing is also fantastic with my Five-Minute Blackened Salmon, and a variety of meat and chicken dishes.
- Oh, and how about simply serving it as a dip with raw vegetables? Yum!
- Maybe even on toast with melted cheese on top — a variation of Avocado Toast, if you will.
Clearly, the possibilities are endless.
However you decide to use it, I hope you enjoy every drip of this Creamy Lemon-Lime Avocado Dressing.
This Creamy Lemon-Lime Avocado Salad Dressing will bring anything it's served with to the next level. It's creamy, rich and healthy -- all at once!
*Makes about 1 cup / serving size: about 1 tablespoon
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- ¾ cup avocado, cut into large chunks
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- a few turns of freshly ground black pepper
Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until the dressing is as smooth as possible.
If you don't have a blender, mash the avocado with a fork and then mix in the other ingredients, adding the oil last and blending it in slowly.