Pumpkin Spice Apple Granola is packed with warming spices, almonds, raisins, and the sweet flavor of apple. It’s perfect for breakfast and an afternoon or a midnight snack.I make this granola for my dad on Father’s Day and on his birthday.
Inspiration for Pumpkin Spice Apple Granola
While most of us might associate foodie gifts for men with outdoor grilling on the barbecue, I think of granola!
You see, my dad loves granola — especially this Pumpkin Spice Apple Granola recipe. So much so that at dessert time, he’ll pass on cookies and ice-cream and opt for a big bowl of it instead.
And if my dad is ever caught having a “midnight snack,” it’s granola.
My mom and dad both always encouraged me to make — rather than buy — gifts for them. Now that I’m a mom, I encourage the same of my kids. Nothing’s sweeter than one of my boys’ hand-made-with-love gifts.
This granola is a subtly sweet, spiced, super crunchy granola for my amazing father, and of course, the most important ingredient: love! This homemade Pumpkin Spice Apple Granola recipe is delicious!
Granola is a great breakfast, an on-the-go snack, dessert, or if you’re my dad . . . a midnight snack!
What’s in Pumpkin Spice Apple Granola?
- maple syrup
- all spice
- old fashioned oats
- fresh apple
How to Make Gluten-Free Granola
For a gluten-free version of Pumpkin Spice Apple Granola, make sure your package of oats says “gluten-free!” Even though oats do not contain gluten, they are often grown near wheat fields and it’s possible for cross-contamination to occur. Gluten-free oats are available here.
What is Pumpkin Spice?
Pumpkin spice is a mixture of a handful of warming spices including cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice and cloves. It’s used in everything from a traditional pumpkin pie and muffins to cookies and tea!
So there’s actually no pumpkin in this recipe, which I’m sure you’ve figured out. It’s simply spiced with a typical pumpkin pie spice mix. Get it?
I hope you give this Pumpkin Spice Apple Granola recipe a go, and love it as much as I do.
More delicious homemade granola recipes:
- Chocolate Coffee Almond Granola
- Roasted Hazelnut Orange Chocolate Granola
- Spiced Granola Breakfast Cookies
- Honey Roasted Chai Granola
Pumpkin Spice Apple Granola
Makes 9 cups
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup honey
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4⅔ cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1¼ cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 2 cups apple (I like Fuji or Granny Smith), peeled and chopped into a small dice
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the syrup, honey, melted butter, vanilla, cinnamon, salt, allspice, ginger, cloves and nutmeg. Mix until everything is evenly blended.
- Now mix in the oats, almonds, raisins and apple.
- Spread the mixture evenly onto the 2 baking sheets, and place in the 375°F preheated oven until it's a golden brown color. This should take 30 minutes or so, but after about 15 minutes, stir it, and then again after another 10 minutes.
- Let the granola cool on the baking sheets and store in an airtight container.
Cooking On The Weekends is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.