Coffee popsicles are, simply put, amazing! They taste like rich, creamy coffee ice cream. Skip a mug and have one for breakfast, or they're a delightful dessert or snack on a warm or hot day. And this sophisticated popsicle is perfect for casual summer entertaining.
Coffee is delicious in all sorts of forms . . . .
- In a cozy mug with cream.
- Whipped to perfection inside a cake.
- Blended into a rich crunchy cookie.
- In a chocolatey brownie.
- Or in a frozen pie.
- And now a creamy coffee popsicle makes the list!
I've been perfecting all of my recipes with coffee for years, and this simple three-ingredient recipe is nothing short of dreamy.
So if you're a coffee lover like me, you're in for a truly scrumptious treat.
This recipe is fantastic because from it you can make popsicles, ice cubes and drinks.
- instant espresso powder (So technically, you could call these Espresso Popsicles. Espresso powder is made from darkly roasted coffee beans.)
- sweetened condensed milk
- milk (whole, low-fat or non-fat)
How to Make Creamy Coffee Popsicles
(More detailed instructions are in the recipe card below.)
- In a large pitcher (or bowl), combine espresso powder with sweetened condensed milk and regular milk. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into 6 (4-ounce) popsicle molds and freeze overnight.
Recipe Tips and Substitutions
- When you want to release the popsicles from their molds, be sure to run them under hot water for a at least a few seconds. The sweetened condensed milk makes them a bit harder to release than fruit juice popsicles.
- My favorite instant espresso is Medaglia D'Oro. You can almost always find this (or other brands) at a large grocery store. If you can't find it, you can substitute it with instant coffee, but use about 50% more so the flavor is as strong as the espresso powder.
- I've made these with both low-fat and non-fat milk, and both work well, so choose what you like.
If you’re a coffee lover, these coffee popsicles are a must to add to your collection.
More sweet recipes with coffee:
- Espresso Chocolate Sauce
- Kahlúa Espresso Gelato
- Kona Coffee Kahlúa Brownies
- Upside Down Fresh Fig Coffee Cake
- No-Bake Espresso Ganache Cheesecake
Savory recipes with coffee:
Creamy Coffee Popsicles
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1½ cups milk (whole, low-fat or non-fat)
- 3⅓ tablespoons instant espresso powder
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl or large pitcher (at least 1 quart), combine the sweetened condensed milk with the milk and espresso powder. Whisk until it's smooth.
- Pour the mixture into 6 (4-ounce) popsicle molds and freeze for at least 6 hours, and ideally overnight.
Cooking On The Weekends is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
I'm going to go buy some popsicle molds TODAY so I can make these!
Aimée, I so happy you got to have one of these!! xo
Sherri @The Well Floured Kitchen
These look super refreshing! I can't wait to try them. Thanks for the idea 🙂
Thanks so much, Sherri. Hope you enjoy them! 🙂
I'm embarrassed to admit this but I don't drink coffee. (But I'd eat these pops!) GREG
I still like you. 😉
I feel like Greg and I need to start a support group for non coffee drinkers! But, like him, I would eat these in a heartbeat! Makes me wonder if they would work for cocoa, too! Happy weekend!
David, you could add a few tablespoons of melted, unsweetened chocolate instead of the espresso -- and use mini choc chips instead of the espresso beans. Yum! (Do you drink tea?) 🙂
Wow Valentina, these look perfectly yummy for keeping cool this summer! ~Bijouxs
Thank you! 🙂
No doubt, these are in my future! Love how few ingredients there are (and I happen to have all of them!). Coffee flavoured food is so good and given the nice, sunny weather we're having lately, one of these would be much appreciated. I already know I'm gonna love them!!
Thanks so much, Dawn! Hope you love. 🙂 ~Valentina