Meyer lemon recipes are always on my mind as the weather cools off. This Meyer Lemon Pasta with Thyme is one of my favorites — it’s light, delicious and perfect as an entrée or a side dish. It’s so quick and easy to make a lovely Meyer lemon pasta sauce, you might just make this your go-to-recipe. It’s in the winter that you’ll be seeing more and more Meyer lemon recipes being cooked in restaurants, and placed as specials on their menus. I will be ordering them! Will you?
Inspiration for Meyer Lemon Pasta with Thyme
The little Meyer lemon tree that could.
When we moved into our house almost eight years ago we transplanted a little Meyer lemon tree, which had not yet produced any lemons.
The next year we got two lemons, and every year since we’ve gotten about four.
I don’t think we did anything differently this year, but our little, sweet tree has at least two dozen lemons hanging from it! It looks so happy!
Yep, I said it. A tree can look happy. 😉 And I’m so happy I can start cooking more Meyer lemon recipes — right from my own backyard.
Eight years ago, I never would have imagined I’d have enough lemons to flavor a whole meal with. I’ve been craving a light pasta lately, so I decided to make a Meyer lemon sauce for spaghetti with a touch of aromatic thyme.
With just a few ingredients and about twenty minutes, you can make a divine Meyer lemon pasta sauce. It was so perfect for this dish, and would also be super tasty over chicken, fish or mixed into rice.
What’s different about Meyer Lemons?
Meyer lemons are my favorite lemon variety because of their thinner skin, deeper yellow, sometimes orange color, and slightly sweeter flavor.Here’s the deal with this spaghetti . . .
Every single strand is covered with the luscious buttery Meyer lemon pasta sauce. You’ll be left wanting more and you might just be caught licking your plate.
Ideas for what to Serve With Meyer Lemon Spaghetti
- I love this on its own, and it would be fantastic served with chicken and a salad.
- I recommend Smoky Paprika Lemon-Herb Chicken Under a Brick and Grapefruit-Avocado Salad.
- The flavors in my Blackberry-Thyme Roasted Chicken would be fantastic along side the spaghetti.
Oh, and here are more Meyer lemon recipes for your eating (& viewing) pleasure.
Meyer Lemon-Thyme Spaghetti Recipe
- 8 ounces dry spaghetti
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Meyer lemon zest (from about 1 to 2 lemons)
- 2 tablespoons Meyer lemon juice (from about 1 lemon)
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling, salted water until it's al dente. (Al dente means "to the tooth." The pasta should be tender, but with a bite to it.)
- As soon as you put the pasta in the water, add the butter, oil, lemon zest, lemon juice and thyme to a large sauce, or sauté pan. Over low-medium heat, let the butter melt. Then mix and let it gently simmer until the pasta is done.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the pan with the sauce.
- Season generously to taste with salt and pepper. (Here's How to Season to Taste.)
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and serve.