How pretty would these Cardamom-Honey Roasted Baby Carrots be in the center of your Passover or Easter table?
Very pretty! Oh, and they’re very, very delicious!
And I think these beautiful Ceanothus flowers (also called California Lilacs), are perfect for Easter, Passover, or simply anytime in the spring. It’s been a few months since Friday Flowers appeared — mostly because there weren’t any flowers calling out to me. A couple of days ago however, I stopped in my tracks when I spotted this beautiful flowering shrub, and I knew the color would be stunning with the bright orange carrots.
Enjoy and happy holidays!
- ½-pound baby carrots, greens removed (except for the bottom bit if desired)
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F, and adjust a rack to the center.
- Peel the carrots and place them on a baking sheet.
- In a very small bowl mix the honey with the oil, cardamom and salt.
- Use a pastry brush (or your fingers), to thinly coat the carrots with a bit of the honey mixture. (Keep the rest on hand for basting.)
- Place the baking sheet in the preheated 400 degree F oven and roast the carrots -- basting them every 8 minutes or so, until they are very tender, about 25 minutes. Remove them from the oven and baste a final time so they'll be shiny for a pretty presentation.