These chocolatey Gluten-Free Mint Brownies have a thin layer of delicate mint running through them . . . in the form of an After Eight Mint! They’re the best gluten-free mint brownies ever, and recipes using After Eight mints are incredibly decadent and simply irresistible! Who doesn’t love chocolate and mint together?
Um . . . . .
Have you ever had an After Eight?
There are quite a few recipes using After Eight mints out there, but this one just made it to the top of my list.
After Eight Chocolate Mints are quite special.
Growing up, my friend Aimée’s family always seemed to have these around the house — and I always seemed to be eating them!
These individually wrapped candies are a creamy mint fondant inside a crisp, delicate, dark chocolate coating.
Of course they’re delectable on their own, but I thought it might be nice to have a thin layer of them in a brownie.
What’s in my Gluten-Free Mint Brownies?
- After Eight Chocolate Mints, obviously. 😉
- gluten-free all-purpose flour
- cocoa powder
How to Make Gluten-Free Mint Brownies
- Melt the butter and and grease the bottom and sides of the baking dish.
- Whisk the eggs with the sugar, vanilla and salt until it’s light in color and thick
- Fold in the cooled, melted butter.
- Mix the gluten-free flour with the sifted cocoa powder and mix it into the wet ingredients until you no longer see dry spots and it’s smooth.
- Spread half of the batter into the pan and then place the After Eights on top, to form one even layer.
- Spread the remaining half of the batter on top of the candies evenly, and place the baking dish in a 325°F oven just until the batter is cooked all the way through and is set.
- Let the brownies cool in the pan.
Quite frankly, these Gluten-Free Mint Brownies are the best! We’re talking, THE best!
Can you freeze them?
Absolutely! These freeze very well, and can be frozen up to 3 weeks.
A few more delicious gluten-free brownie recipes:
- Gluten-Free Brownie Cake
- Gluten-Free Nutella Brownies
- Flourless Chocolate Espresso Caramel Brownies
- Best Ever Chewy Fudgy Gluten-Free Brownies
I wish I could tell you this post was sponsored, but I’m just singing the praises of the delicious After Eight Chocolate Mint Thins because I love them. 🙂
Chocolate Mint Brownies have a thin layer of delicate mint running through them . . . in the form of an After Eight Mint!
Preheat the oven to 325°F and adjust a rack to the center.
Melt the butter and set it aside to cool. Use the butter wrappers to grease the bottom and sides of a 9 x 13 x 2-inch baking dish. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs with the sugar, vanilla and salt until it's light in color and thick, about 2 minutes. (Use an electric mixer if possible.) Fold in the cooled, melted butter.
In another bowl, mix the gluten-free flour with the sifted cocoa powder. Now fold this into the wet ingredients and mix until you no longer see dry spots and it's smooth.
Spread half of the batter into the pan and then place the After Eights on top, to form one even layer. Their edges should be touching each other.
Spread the remaining half of the batter on top of the candies evenly, and place the baking dish in the preheated 325°F oven just until the batter is cooked all the way through and is set, about 40 minutes.
Let the brownies cool in the pan for at least 45 minutes and then slice them into 2 dozen evenly sized pieces.
Cooking On The Weekends is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.